U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-18-2019, 08:19 PM
 
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
77 posts, read 64,480 times
Reputation: 111

Advertisements

I've been exploring FL for about a year...Decided Jax was for me and got a second place there.
My current FL place is in Mandarin. While I really love it - close to everything, nice area, reasonably priced...but its 30 min to get to the beaches...45 with traffic...Seems too much.
Not sure where to go next -I am leaving CT for good and making an FL destination decision and I would appreciate your help -
I will be bringing down a 7yr old to attend public school systems...
I want to be reasonably close to amenities...
Reasonably close to beaches...
I am also a Real Estate Broker so I will need to make a living with real estate....
I would prefer to spend less than $2000/month for a rental, or less than $300k to buy.
Ideas?

Last edited by minna_reid; 03-18-2019 at 08:29 PM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-18-2019, 09:48 PM
 
27 posts, read 13,109 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
I've been exploring FL for about a year...Decided Jax was for me and got a second place there.
My current FL place is in Mandarin. While I really love it - close to everything, nice area, reasonably priced...but its 30 min to get to the beaches...45 with traffic...Seems too much.
Not sure where to go next -I am leaving CT for good and making an FL destination decision and I would appreciate your help -
I will be bringing down a 7yr old to attend public school systems...
I want to be reasonably close to amenities...
Reasonably close to beaches...
I am also a Real Estate Broker so I will need to make a living with real estate....
I would prefer to spend less than $2000/month for a rental, or less than $300k to buy.
Ideas?
I find funny you hold a Florida real estate broker associate license, advertise your services to prospective clients as an experienced North Florida realtor (see Mina Reid but still comes on this board to ask very naive questions for your own situation.
I likely miss something here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 07:01 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
77 posts, read 64,480 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVB814 View Post
I find funny you hold a Florida real estate broker associate license, advertise your services to prospective clients as an experienced North Florida realtor (see Mina Reid but still comes on this board to ask very naive questions for your own situation.
I likely miss something here.
Yes I do actually have over 10 years of real estate experience specializing in default solutions - thanks for the shout out...
But I’m not here for unsolicited realtor bashing. Realtors can move too and...GASP...still be Realtors.
It’s a serious question about the area from someone new to the area. I sincerely appreciate any helpful responses.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 07:37 AM
 
482 posts, read 242,582 times
Reputation: 1310
Well since you've already bought a second home in Mandarin, as a realtor, shouldn't you have a good lay of the land here already? Your broken english makes it difficult to determine.

Maybe Jaime Lee, your Executive Assistant, can answer your very, very odd question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:02 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL (Mandarin)
2,505 posts, read 5,664,576 times
Reputation: 1710
Tough crowd. Wow.

There should be a lot to choose from in the Southside or Intracoastal West. Look up property in zip codes 32224, 32225, or 32256.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:26 AM
 
482 posts, read 242,582 times
Reputation: 1310
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Tough crowd. Wow.

There should be a lot to choose from in the Southside or Intracoastal West. Look up property in zip codes 32224, 32225, or 32256.
Yeah, was kinda harsh. I guess it's odd to see these questions coming from an Associate Broker practicing RE here in Jax. Just doesn't quite pass the smell test.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:32 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
77 posts, read 64,480 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Well since you've already bought a second home in Mandarin, as a realtor, shouldn't you have a good lay of the land here already? Your broken english makes it difficult to determine.

Maybe Jaime Lee, your Executive Assistant, can answer your very, very odd question.
Johnathon - Jaime and I will be happy to help you if you are experiencing a problem making your mortgage payments, or you are saddled with a tax lien, judgment lien or facing foreclosure. Feel free to contact me anytime and I can help you with those issues, no matter where you live.

Jaime does not answer questions about Jacksonville livability issues though, sorry.

Here let me be more specific and maybe I can get an actual useful answer. I rented short term in Mandarin (specifically to get a lay of the land ), so I have the ability to move and will need to make a decision at the end of the school year in June. I am currently back and forth between CT and FL.

I do like Mandarin quite a bit, but I spend a lot of time on the beach and the drive is just too long. I did not realize this initially as I only just experienced the significant traffic there a few weeks ago - I assume a seasonal thing.

I am currently considering PVB (although that seems unnecessarily pricey) or just north of there. A local friend told me the schools in "the beaches" are also good and the area has less turnover Mandarin (in her words -people moving in and out all the time) . Perhaps someone has more first hand experience of that area to share, or can suggest another area I have not yet thought of. I've considered further down the coast, but it doesn't seem populated enough.

Again, I am looking to be near beaches (within say 20 minute drive), decent school and plenty of amenities. Within one hour to airport as I need to be in CT fairly frequently. Middle class to upper middle class neighborhood. Under 2k to rent, 300k to buy.

Anyone?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:40 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
77 posts, read 64,480 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
Tough crowd. Wow.

There should be a lot to choose from in the Southside or Intracoastal West. Look up property in zip codes 32224, 32225, or 32256.
Thanks. Can I reasonably expect to get to the beach in under say 20 minutes from there? I didn't realize the traffic situation was what it is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:41 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL (Mandarin)
2,505 posts, read 5,664,576 times
Reputation: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon Hills View Post
Yeah, was kinda harsh. I guess it's odd to see these questions coming from an Associate Broker practicing RE here in Jax. Just doesn't quite pass the smell test.
I’ve lived here 27+ years. I’ve been in the RE business 13 years, mostly property management though. I do my best to keep up with different areas of town, but JAX is huge and there’s a lot of growth. I just can’t keep up with it all. Many agents have a localized farm area, which keeps them isolated from other parts of town. So it shouldn’t be considered odd that they don’t know “everything” about all areas of town. I’d suggest they also seek assistance from someone within their brokerage office.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2019, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Jacksonville, FL (Mandarin)
2,505 posts, read 5,664,576 times
Reputation: 1710
Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
Thanks. Can I reasonably expect to get to the beach in under say 20 minutes from there? I didn't realize the traffic situation was what it is.
Yeah, 20 minutes is a very reasonable expectation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top