Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2008, 06:57 PM

83 posts, read 454,472 times

Advertisements

Are there fewer bugs/spiders in the high rise apts.?

Any suggestions for nice high rise apts. in the Avondale, San Marco Downtown or Ponte Verde areas? I guess we would like a luxury apt. We can spend up to 1600/mo. or so for a 3 bedroom but would of course prefer to spend less.

Also are the bugs worse at the beaches or rivers or about equal?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,964,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy Jacob View Post

Any suggestions for nice high rise apts. in the Avondale, San Marco Downtown or Ponte Verde areas? I guess we would like a luxury apt. We can spend up to 1600/mo. or so for a 3 bedroom but would of course prefer to spend less.

Thanks.
there are no high rises in Ponte Vedra, except for a couple of 5 story buildings in sawgrass.
there are a few in JAX beach and some of them are hurting for tenants

Old 04-14-2008, 09:47 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,452,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy Jacob View Post

Thanks.
Bugs climb, so I would say "no", there are not fewer bugs/spiders in hi rises (at least that was my experience with hi rises in NYC).

The San Marco Southbank has hi rises going up and there are some rentals there now, but other than that, San Marco, Avondale and Ponte Vedra are more known for homes than apartments and the apartments that are there are usually much smaller.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:49 AM

1 posts, read 2,708 times
Default High Rise Suggestion

I currently rent at The Strand, which is a high rise on the St. Johns River. I have had no problems with bugs and I enjoy the convenience of living in downtown Jacksonville. I'm pretty sure you can get a 2x2 for around $1600.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville