U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2019, 03:23 PM

3 posts, read 1,962 times

Advertisements

I'm looking into relocating to Jacksonville. I visited this past weekend and stayed in Riverside. I liked Riverside, San Marco, and St. John Town Center. I was also told Mandarin and San Jose to also consider ( I will visit those areas next time). Does anyone recommend any other area for a young professional?

P.S. I was told to stay away from Arlington and anything on Southside near 295, Edgewood, and near Edwards College.

Last edited by loyalone01; 07-08-2019 at 03:39 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2019, 09:13 PM

6,760 posts, read 7,484,153 times
Where are you working? Mandarin and San Jose are fine just very suburban and not necessarily for young crowds.

The other typical YP hotspots are Murray Hill, Springfield, Avondale maybe to a lesser degree and of course Jax, Neptune and Atlantic Beaches.

Old 07-11-2019, 07:40 PM
TD*

1,556 posts, read 3,270,399 times
Check out Tallahassee

Old 07-14-2019, 08:02 AM

3 posts, read 1,962 times
I just went to see possible areas for my move. I still work in S. Florida.

Old 10-05-2019, 09:05 AM

4 posts, read 2,028 times
I’m also relocating to Jacksonville with my fiancé, 32/he’s 39, no kids. Looking at Riverside/Avondale or San Marco. My cousin is 21 she lives around SJTC and loves it... but don’t think it would work for me. Have you decided on an area or have you moved yet?

Old 10-17-2019, 09:37 AM

281 posts, read 215,966 times
My buddy just moved into a place in Avondale, renovated building its really nice he loves it! My dad grew up in Avondale/Murray Hill area, and when he goes back he can't believe how different the area is. If you like pizza , there is a great pizza spot, which originated here in GA called Mellow Mushroom and the location there in Avondale is nice! There is also one out at Jax Beach I go to with family alot, its a great hangout spot as well! I've been considering relocating to Jax for quite some time, but hoping this next spring is when I will now that my bud took a job there. Personally I always love the beach area, especially south jax beach/ponte vedra area, and neptune beach is really nice as well.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:50 PM

24 posts, read 22,956 times
Really depends upon what you want from a neighborhood. The downtown area- San Marco, Riverside-Avondale and Springfield are the best of the urban neighborhoods.- All are walkable or bike-friendly.
You can live in the rest of JAX but if you are in a home then it's everything from Soccer Moms to Seniors. Most singles live in apartments. Not going to meet anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or