Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 10:04 AM

36 posts, read 75,159 times

Advertisements

My family and I will be moving to the Jacksonville area within the next 3 years. Mandarin is one area of interest that we have visited a few times now. Are there any residents on this forum that can share what their lifestyle is like there? Tell me about a typical weekday there, a typical weekend, places you go, places you avoid, and things you do. Thank you for sharing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 10:44 AM

39 posts, read 37,691 times
We have lived in Mandarin for 14 years. Family with one 10 yr old child. Our main reason we love Mandarin is you are in a great location to get to anywhere in Jax. Within 20-30 minutes I can be in St. Augustine, Town Center, Micklers Beach in 15 min, Downtown. Yet, pretty normal life, work in mandarin and then soccer fields/local parks for child in the afternoons. Plenty of shopping, eating, gym choices. We really don't avoid any areas in mandarin, we live very South, about 2 miles from the St Johns County line, we are usually on the go on the weekends to all over Jax. Mandarin is a very established area with lots of diversity of people and local school options. You are in a nice area, established neighborhoods, with a few new housing projects in between, still get great schools, lower taxes and cheaper homes, larger yards and again location, location to all Jax has to offer by hopping on the interstate.

Old 07-17-2019, 03:58 PM

2,557 posts, read 6,459,437 times
I've lived in Mandarin for most of my 27 years in the Jacksonville area. My kids have all gone to Loretto Elementary, Mandarin Middle, and Mandarin High, and my wife is a guidance counselor at Mandarin High. I think it's a great area, centrally located to the important-to-me places. I'll always be a big proponent of Mandarin. I don't really have anything to add beyond what Purifyone said, as well.

Old 07-19-2019, 02:38 PM

36 posts, read 75,159 times
Thank you so much, Purifyone and EricBoyd! This is exactly the kind of information I was looking for. The fact that both of you have lived and remained in the area so long speaks volumes.

Old 07-22-2019, 10:01 PM

655 posts, read 850,978 times
traffic is a beyatch. but yeah it's established, great oak trees, dining and convenient to everything around town. I love how you get just north of Mandarin and hit Lakewood and San Marco but if you go south things go rural along the river as you go toward St Aug etc...The whole area really screams of what made Jax a great city and even with the growth, Mandarin still has the similar feel that it did back in the 80's and 90's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville