Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2019, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,069 times

Advertisements

Dear All!

My Independence Day is quickly approaching and with that comes with a lot of change.

I currently live in New York, but will be relocating to the St. Augustine / Ponte Vedra Beach area this spring. I share custody of my 12 and 15 sons who I love dearly and already know what schools they will be enrolling in.

I will not have any contacts down there, not sure what community I will settle in yet. Looking to get recommendations on communities that is socially acceptable to be divorced and not feel excommunicated for me and the kids.

I am hoping to get leads on social networking, professional networking (and dare I dip my toes in - .... dating )? I'd like to begin to virtually make some friends and connections so when we do make the move I have some "friends".

I look forward to hearing some folks soon.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2019, 08:38 PM

661 posts, read 867,168 times
what are you looking for in terms of neighborhoods? price? sq footage? urban/city? suburbs? fancy lifestyle or more cultural? What are your kids interested in?

Old 07-17-2019, 06:16 AM

2 posts, read 2,069 times
Thank You Gromicide,

Neighborhoods: I'd like to be able to go to the gym/clubhouse, water sports, able to be part of a community that can be Ladies Wine Wednesday, single & family fun diverse age is ok

Active Lifestyle that allows me to have fun with & w/o kids with me. I am open to all opportunities.

Price: < 425K

Sq. Foot: > 2250 3+ beds, 2+ bath

Old 07-17-2019, 06:34 AM

9,384 posts, read 8,356,698 times
You have described SO many neighborhoods in our area, lol. It would be tough to narrow down. With a $425K budget you'll get more house/yard the more inland you go vs. Ponte Vedra Beach. Some of the bigger neighborhoods to look into that have a good social scene (Friday happy hours, tons of kids, etc):

Nocatee
Julington Creek Plantation
St Johns Golf & Country Club
Cimarrone
Durbin Crossing
Aberdeen
St Johns Forest
South Hampton

You'll get whatever you put into the social scene. In our 'hood there are both women's and men's groups who socialize every so often, they've met up via social media (Facebook groups and via Nextdoor). Good luck!

Old 07-18-2019, 01:58 PM

Agree with Florida2014. A lot of these neighborhoods have organized activities hosted at or around the community centers. Some are more fun than others depending on your interests. Some residents could care less while others look forward to them. In Nocatee for example, if you go to nocatee.com and click the 'residents' menu, you can pull up the monthly calendar. There is something going on 5-6 days a week. Some are for family, some are for adults. Most of the communities also have facebook interest groups for wine night, cycling, play dates you name it...

Also as mentioned, the more west (inland) you go, the more house you'll get as you go away from the ocean but still these places are less than 30 minutes to the beach.

Think of it like this (north st johns zip codes houses galore due to growth and school system)
32082 - $$$$
32081/32095 - $$$
32259/32092 - $$

St Aug (more culture/history/tourists)
32080 - $$$
32084 - $$

I would probably say that north st johns is going to have less divorcees but doesn't mean less aceptance, just less fish in the sea LOL. St Aug will likely have more of a singles scene out on the town, happy hour etc....In fact I would bet on it.

Old 07-19-2019, 04:58 AM

317 posts, read 360,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Also as mentioned, the more west (inland) you go, the more house you'll get as you go away from the ocean but still these places are less than 30 minutes to the beach.

Think of it like this (north st johns zip codes houses galore due to growth and school system)
32082 - $$$$
32081/32095 - $$$
32259/32092 - $$

St Aug (more culture/history/tourists)
32080 - $$$
32084 - $$

G, is this solely due to proximity to the ocean, or are there other factors ?

Old 07-22-2019, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
G, is this solely due to proximity to the ocean, or are there other factors ?
absolutely. As soon as you cross the ditch just about anywhere on the coast, the price shoots up.

Old 07-22-2019, 03:45 PM

6,561 posts, read 12,044,134 times
You might want to check out some of the communities along A1A in PVB near Sawgrass, such as Ocean Grove or Summer House.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville