U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2019, 11:15 AM

2 posts, read 544 times

Advertisements

I live in dallas tx and have all of my life.. BF of five yrs just got another job which requires relocating to JAX, which obviously means Im going to have to leave the job I currently am working and love.. Just curious how easy/difficult it is to find administrative/clerical work in JAX? Im scared that I'll move out there and it takes me forever to find something thats close to what im doing now in dallas. Im looking for salary between 35-40k with a degree if that helps? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2019, 02:30 PM

290 posts, read 311,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemahughes07 View Post
I live in dallas tx and have all of my life.. BF of five yrs just got another job which requires relocating to JAX, which obviously means Im going to have to leave the job I currently am working and love.. Just curious how easy/difficult it is to find administrative/clerical work in JAX? Im scared that I'll move out there and it takes me forever to find something thats close to what im doing now in dallas. Im looking for salary between 35-40k with a degree if that helps? Thanks!
I am in Dallas too, and contemplating a move to Jax with my bf who currently lives in another area of FL. I have a corporate background in mortgage/finance/treasury and there seems to be a good job market. I cannot imagine it would be difficult for you to find something clerical - although 35k to 40k seems wee bit high for that field unless you are more on the admin side of it. We have considered Orlando and Tampa as well, but really love Jax and its proximity to the beach. He has a job transfer lined up if he wants it, and will likely go first while I find a job before moving. There are ton of corporate office there. I used to work at BOA and had several colleagues in the Jax office. There is also Citibank on the south side. I am not a Dallas native, I'm from the northeast and this hot weather with NO beach nearby is killing me lol. Good luck .. maybe we'll see you guys around

Old 08-19-2019, 05:05 PM

2 posts, read 544 times
Thanks for ur response.. I saw ur post after Id made mine.. My bf just got to Jax last Friday and already got us an apartment, but I cant move until at least Nov since i already paid for tuition here for fall semester.. Yes, i have over 12 years of admin/ap experience, and since ive already got my assoc.degree and am making 30k here, im def NOT taking any less than 30.

Old 08-20-2019, 08:33 AM

290 posts, read 311,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemahughes07 View Post
Thanks for ur response.. I saw ur post after Id made mine.. My bf just got to Jax last Friday and already got us an apartment, but I cant move until at least Nov since i already paid for tuition here for fall semester.. Yes, i have over 12 years of admin/ap experience, and since ive already got my assoc.degree and am making 30k here, im def NOT taking any less than 30.
What area of Jax did you guys go with? My bf is heading up this weekend to browse around. I will likely not be able to go until closer to end of year too. Stuck in a lease and just.. finding a job for me its going to be a bit more of a chore than for him. He can transfer to various locations of his company, me not so much. Oh yeah if you have over 12 years of admin/ap then you should honestly aim for closer to 50k. I am definitely feeling less stressed knowing he will get there first and settle us in.. but still.. I love my career here. The things we do for love lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or