Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 01:00 AM

23 posts, read 52,144 times

Advertisements

I know this has been said before. Nonetheless, if you are contemplating moving anywhere that is serviced by Litestream cable/internet, please do yourself and your family a favor and stay away. Stay FAR AWAY. I wish I knew how horrible of an Internet service provider they are prior to moving. If you are even thinking about moving to Palencia, which is located in between Jacksonville and St. Augustine, please stay away.

I work from home, and require a secure VPN to sign in. The VPN requires a certain Internet speed to maintain a connection. During peak hours, my Max download speed of approximately 100 Mbps is decreased to almost 12 to 15 Mbps. The result is constant freezing and loss of connectivity, which drives me absolutely crazy. I have contacted them multiple times over the course of four months and absolutely nothing has been done to solve this problem.

The absolutely unfortunate part of all this is that the HOA of this particular community in its infinite wisdom has decided to renew its contract for the next four years, disallowing other Internet service providers from providing services within the community.

So again, if you work from home and are considering living in Palencia, please completely remove it from your list of potential places to live. Trust me, you will definitely thiank me later.

Last edited by Rayd8tr; 01-24-2015 at 01:12 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 10:10 AM

2 posts, read 11,658 times
Hello, I am the CEO for Litestream and I appreciate the opportunity to reach out to you and get this issue addressed. Over the past six months, Litestream has upgraded the cable television and Internet system servicing your community. We now deliver a 100% all digital service featuring over 80 channels on basic cable with over 70 available in HD. We have also been upgrading the Internet speeds available in your community and are continuing to do that. There are many factors that affect internet speed and the performance at any individual residence. Given the opportunity, I would like to have all of your service records reviewed, review our system data that monitors the performance and then work with you to resolve this for you. If you would drop me an email to CustomerService@litestream.net and direct it to me with your name and address, I will follow up with you. Thank you for being our customer and I look forward to working with you to give you the excellent service you deserve.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:21 AM

164 posts, read 226,519 times
I would be willing to bet that the problems you are experienceing are not directly related to bandwidth only as a VPN connection can be established on as little as a 512K connection.

There are a multitude of other factors which could be giving you intermittent VPN connectivity. SOme of these could be on your end, some on the ISPs end, and some on your company's end.

I have comcast and Live in Durbin and some days I have connectivity issus with my VPN as well.

That being said, good luck resolving the issue. Most of the techs are not going to be able to perform the advanced diagnostics that will likely be required to identify the root cause of the problem.

Perhaps if you get to a high enough level of customer service, they can get you to some level 2 or 3 techs.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEO Litestream View Post
Hello, I am the CEO for Litestream and I appreciate the opportunity to reach out to you and get this issue addressed. Over the past six months, Litestream has upgraded the cable television and Internet system servicing your community. We now deliver a 100% all digital service featuring over 80 channels on basic cable with over 70 available in HD. We have also been upgrading the Internet speeds available in your community and are continuing to do that. There are many factors that affect internet speed and the performance at any individual residence. Given the opportunity, I would like to have all of your service records reviewed, review our system data that monitors the performance and then work with you to resolve this for you. If you would drop me an email to CustomerService@litestream.net and direct it to me with your name and address, I will follow up with you. Thank you for being our customer and I look forward to working with you to give you the excellent service you deserve.

I already have...i did last week...I have also been contacting customer service for the past several months without absolutely no resolution to the matter.

My VPN connection is fine after about midnight or 1am is fine when the traffic is low. However from 9pm to midnight my max speed of 100 MBps drops down to as low as 10-12, which completely shuts me down.

I've never had this problem when I had Comcast business class. Why?? Because I had a constant high speed connection that was not affected by heavy traffic.

Your show of "good faith" is amusing. Where have you been for the past 4-5 months when I've been on the phone on almost a nightly basis with my constant and never ending frustrations?

What is your explanation of every single customer service rep I've spoken to giving nothing more than vague answers and comments that lead to absolutely no where?

I am not alone with my issues with your company. You need to quickly realize that and fix whatever you need to fix yesterday.

Last edited by Rayd8tr; 01-27-2015 at 11:18 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post
I would be willing to bet that the problems you are experienceing are not directly related to bandwidth only as a VPN connection can be established on as little as a 512K connection.

There are a multitude of other factors which could be giving you intermittent VPN connectivity. SOme of these could be on your end, some on the ISPs end, and some on your company's end.

I have comcast and Live in Durbin and some days I have connectivity issus with my VPN as well.

That being said, good luck resolving the issue. Most of the techs are not going to be able to perform the advanced diagnostics that will likely be required to identify the root cause of the problem.

Perhaps if you get to a high enough level of customer service, they can get you to some level 2 or 3 techs.
I'm connected directly into the friggin modem Litestream gave me. My VPN miraculously seems to function just fine when the speed jumps up when the Internet traffic is low.

I've called IT for my company and the techs have signed onto the same server and had no issues.

I had absolutely zero issues when I had the exact same set up and was utilizing Comcast business class.

I have no doubt this is all on LITSTREAM and the unbelievably frustrating and infuriating thing about all this is that they are doing absolutely NOTHING to address or fix it!!!

Old 01-28-2015, 01:03 AM

1,049 posts, read 1,334,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayd8tr View Post
I'm connected directly into the friggin modem Litestream gave me. My VPN miraculously seems to function just fine when the speed jumps up when the Internet traffic is low.

I've called IT for my company and the techs have signed onto the same server and had no issues.

I had absolutely zero issues when I had the exact same set up and was utilizing Comcast business class.

I have no doubt this is all on LITSTREAM and the unbelievably frustrating and infuriating thing about all this is that they are doing absolutely NOTHING to address or fix it!!!
You ought to send a DM to the CEO of Litestream has a message posted just 3 posts above yours, and give him piece of your mind.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:03 AM

2 posts, read 11,658 times
If you will give me some contact information, I will work through your service history and run through all of the diagnostics data so that we can find a solution. I have not been able to identify your service address from this string. Thank you.

Old 01-28-2015, 08:49 AM

164 posts, read 226,519 times
I think he's on the corner of bitter and frustrated

Old 01-28-2015, 08:57 AM

9,284 posts, read 8,192,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruger20 View Post
I think he's on the corner of bitter and frustrated
So are dozens of other people stuck with Litestream.

I wonder if those communities who are locked in to Litestream have any idea the negative impact it has on folks considering moving there?

Old 01-28-2015, 09:33 AM

1,171 posts, read 2,147,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So are dozens of other people stuck with Litestream.

I wonder if those communities who are locked in to Litestream have any idea the negative impact it has on folks considering moving there?
Excellent point, I would never move somewhere that takes away my option to choose. Isn't St. John's Forest like this as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville