Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 AM

17 posts, read 50,152 times

Advertisements

and really enjoyed myself! Thanks for all of the input before my trip.

We spent several lovely days at the beach, explored the zoo and Kids Kampus and drove through too many neighborhoods to even recount. I really enjoyed the city and the people I met.

We're still waiting on final details, but if we go (90% likely) it would be by the beginning of August. We really liked the Mandarin area in Duval County - Bartram Springs and such- but probably will focus on St. Johns based on the schools.

In St. John's, we really liked Julington Creek as well as some of the communities off of 210- Wingfield Glen, John's Creek, Whisper Ridge. We looked in the WGV area and while Heritage Landing was nice, it was too far out of the way. We would consider Sevilla but 210 and Julington Creek would be a shorter commute for my husband.

Any thoughts on any of these places mentioned? Any additional suggestions to check into when we take the official house hunting trip? We may end up renting first depending on how our home sale goes, so we might get to "try" an area though I'd like to stick to it as my son will start school in the fall.

Note: we did check out homes in our price range at the beaches (loved the community feel but can't get the house I want for my price,) Oceanway (nice but rather rural), and the ICW (also nice but didn't click.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-17-2008, 10:47 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,008,500 times
JCP is very nice, with a variety of price points in the various subdivisions. Watch out for the CDD fees though. Not all the communities have them, but you'll want to know that. The subs you mentioned off of 210 are nice as well, they are newer than JCP, so likely will have less mature landscaping.

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:06 AM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,373 times
I agree with agreatlife that JCP is a very nice established community. Great landscaping. My only concern with JCP is the time it takes to get to 95 during peak hours, it can be a nightmare. But the other thing is if you really like JCP and the amenities that much, I wouldn't worry too much about CDD fees if you can afford them. At least you get to write them off every year along with your RE taxes. Best of luck!

Old 04-17-2008, 11:07 AM

156 posts, read 708,712 times
You should also consider Murabella, it's also right on International Golf Pkwy along with Sevilla, the homes are going for dirt cheap right now, great time to buy and a wonderful neighborhood!!@

Old 04-17-2008, 05:06 PM

301 posts, read 1,058,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmy3grls View Post
You should also consider Murabella, it's also right on International Golf Pkwy along with Sevilla, the homes are going for dirt cheap right now, great time to buy and a wonderful neighborhood!!@
Those are nice communities, BUT both have very high annual CDD fees
Murabella is around 2500.00 per year and Sevilla is 1550.00.

We were also looking to buy out there, but I hate the feeling of throwing money away in CDD fees each year.

Old 04-17-2008, 05:10 PM

301 posts, read 1,058,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cricketfan View Post
I agree with agreatlife that JCP is a very nice established community. Great landscaping. My only concern with JCP is the time it takes to get to 95 during peak hours, it can be a nightmare. But the other thing is if you really like JCP and the amenities that much, I wouldn't worry too much about CDD fees if you can afford them. At least you get to write them off every year along with your RE taxes. Best of luck!
CDD fees in JCP are only 600.00 per year (approx)
Much lower than all the new communities that have gone in throughout the areas.

When those CDD fees get added on to your property taxes each year, it can just make it skyrocket, and then if you escrow... it just adds too much (in my opinion) to your mortgage pymt....BUT I guess if you can get a home at a much cheaper amt now, it could be worth it, but thats a personal decision for everyone, I guess.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 PM

1,658 posts, read 4,715,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisies76 View Post
CDD fees in JCP are only 600.00 per year (approx)
Much lower than all the new communities that have gone in throughout the areas.
How much are the HOA fees? Are they paid monthly or annually?

Old 04-23-2008, 01:34 PM

17 posts, read 50,152 times
Thanks for your input.

I'm ever more set on St. Johns county the more I read about schools (I have a son with Aspergers) so I really need access to special ed/austism services if needed and I read that St. Johns is better than Duval.

I'd love not to pay a CDD fee but I will if it's the right house for us. In an idea world, I'd have a 4 BR house under 10 years old, close to $225k in a neighborhood with a decent pool, access to kids' activities, sidewalks and some trees. I'm not sure that exists in my price range in St. Johns.

Murabella is gorgeous - we did check it out. But it's on our high end of the budget. I'd be okay with spending $250k if I didn't have CDD fees to worry about on top of that.

My husband will be down again in a week. He's going to cruise around a bit more and see what he's drawn too. He also wants to look at new construction in Sevilla, Aberdeen Stirling, Glen St. Johns and Highland Point in case we go that route. I really do appreciate all of the comments/input so far.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:41 PM

859 posts, read 3,604,408 times
Julington Creek Plantation - Home Page

look at the links for assessment and CDD fees, paid annually. CDD's 679.82 as of 2007, not sure if it gone up or not. HOA is about the same I think.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:01 PM

68 posts, read 323,072 times
I would buy existing in stonehurst plantation, (no cdds) o Cimmarone. you can bid WAY below what people are asking and get a great home!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville