U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2019, 04:52 PM

124 posts, read 50,216 times

Advertisements

My little brother just graduated from UF in May and accepted a job with an employer in Jacksonville. He and his wife are looking at condos on the Southside, and the ones behind the Town Center caught their eye.

Any thoughts on them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2019, 09:18 PM

6,810 posts, read 7,512,151 times
Awhile back I remember there were mold issues. Look into that and make sure it's not still a problem. Also they should be aware of the horrendous traffic in the area which will only get worse as more and more development comes to the area without any significant traffic alleviation/upgrades. But presumably they are looking there cause they work in the area, which means they'd have to deal with that traffic anyway.

Old 09-09-2019, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmaximus View Post
Awhile back I remember there were mold issues. Look into that and make sure it's not still a problem. Also they should be aware of the horrendous traffic in the area which will only get worse as more and more development comes to the area without any significant traffic alleviation/upgrades. But presumably they are looking there cause they work in the area, which means they'd have to deal with that traffic anyway.
Yes - his wife has a job she could walk to if they moved there. I told them to think about a 3 to 5 mile radius of condos around there. Sounds like their price point maxes out at 175k for a 2 bedroom

Old 09-10-2019, 06:08 AM

One additional question

They visited this weekend a host of condos on Touchton Road and Beach Blvd. It appears there are a couple complexes where even during the height of buying season (summer) , inventory stalled.

Are these investment properties or is there an underlying issue (similar to the mold mentioned above)

Old 09-10-2019, 01:44 PM

6,810 posts, read 7,512,151 times
No idea. Not sure which properties you're talking about and if they're quite new I wouldn't be familiar with them anyway. (left the area and the business a few years ago)

That said, just very informally it has seemed like there is a glut of housing/new development in the Jax market over the last year or two. I'd say moreso with single family and apartments, but that doesn't mean condos are immune either. Empirically it would appear that while the Jax population is growing fast, the new units under construction has been even faster.

Old 09-10-2019, 05:59 PM

373 posts, read 270,392 times
I have heard bad stories about the older condos on the other side of Southside Blvd on Touchton. I had an in-law that bought one and he went through all kinds of crap with mgmt and selling etc... Not uncommon in the condo world. I can't speak for any of the newer ones but would assume they're attractive for some people.

Old 09-10-2019, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I have heard bad stories about the older condos on the other side of Southside Blvd on Touchton. I had an in-law that bought one and he went through all kinds of crap with mgmt and selling etc... Not uncommon in the condo world. I can't speak for any of the newer ones but would assume they're attractive for some people.
If you are referring to Montreaux by the Publix shopping center, those are the ones they looked at first however were scared off by an owner who told them their hoa is a nightmare

Old 09-11-2019, 07:07 PM

40 posts, read 28,277 times
My boyfriend has a rental property at Montreux. He told me the monthly fees are $380, or something in that range.

Old 09-12-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capricorngrl1177 View Post
My boyfriend has a rental property at Montreux. He told me the monthly fees are $380, or something in that range.
That explains the number of properties that are sitting on the market.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or