U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 10:33 AM

207 posts, read 153,249 times

Advertisements

Which community would be best suited for finding a small two bed 1.5 bath 1500 +/- sf home w/ garage all on one floor (unable to climb stairs) in St Johns ?

We're heading down next week to SJ with an older couple, children grown and out who would like to find a small home within walking distance to shopping (food, pharmacy, ect). From what I remember from our last visit I thought possibly Nocatee Town Center and the area in Julington Creek near 13 and Racetrack Rd. were at least two that might fit the bill.

New construction if possible, within the $250k-$350k range in preferably a 55+ community. Though open to other possibilities.

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:58 PM

370 posts, read 268,297 times
Town home/condo in Nocatee would be my first guess but those are 2 story. Tidewater and The Palms are in the 300k range. Not new construction but a couple years old.

Old 11-15-2019, 06:00 AM

4,737 posts, read 3,417,272 times
I would not call Julington Creek "walkable" - it is an enormous community stretching miles and miles in every direction. Your best bet is to hook up with a realtor and give him/her your criteria. St Johns is mostly single family homes but there are communities with townhomes/condos sprouting up as well.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Town home/condo in Nocatee would be my first guess but those are 2 story. Tidewater and The Palms are in the 300k range. Not new construction but a couple years old.
Thanks G, we'll be down in a few days and will check out both areas. What do you think is the walkabilty in and around Nocatee Town Center ?

Old 11-15-2019, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I would not call Julington Creek "walkable" - it is an enormous community stretching miles and miles in every direction. Your best bet is to hook up with a realtor and give him/her your criteria. St Johns is mostly single family homes but there are communities with townhomes/condos sprouting up as well.

Thank you Florida. Yes once we decide on or at least narrow it down to a few areas we will sit down with a realtor. I do understand what you are saying as far as JC/DC being expansive, though I do recall areas along RT and 13 that were close to Publix, CVS, ect. However I'm not sure if these are safe walk-able areas (?) Such as having a sidewalk, traffic considerations, distance, ect. Though as I mentioned to Gromicide we'll be down in a few days and can then take a closer look. We'd hate to x-out JC/DC as it is an exceptional area.

Old 11-15-2019, 02:45 PM

60 posts, read 61,689 times
You might consider one of the neighborhoods in World Golf. Cascades is a 55 + community but not very walkable to stores. The Legends a condo development is a mile from several stores. Murabella is right behind the stores {Publix, CVS, Walgreens, pizza, a several other food choices, nail, hair etc., and a new YMCA and medical bldg.]

Old 11-16-2019, 08:06 AM

4,737 posts, read 3,417,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Thank you Florida. Yes once we decide on or at least narrow it down to a few areas we will sit down with a realtor. I do understand what you are saying as far as JC/DC being expansive, though I do recall areas along RT and 13 that were close to Publix, CVS, ect. However I'm not sure if these are safe walk-able areas (?) Such as having a sidewalk, traffic considerations, distance, ect. Though as I mentioned to Gromicide we'll be down in a few days and can then take a closer look. We'd hate to x-out JC/DC as it is an exceptional area.
Anything along SR13 is definitely not walkable. That's one of the busiest roads in all of Jacksonville when you include where it turns into San Jose Road.

Try and focus on communities that are "all inclusive", meaning they include retail, their own gym, amenities, etc. Not all of these are walkable but at least you wouldn't have to drive a ton to get from Point A to Point B. Nocatee, the new Silverleaf, Beachwalk are a few of the newer ones. I believe they all have townhomes but unsure of whether or not they are one or two level.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vttosta View Post
You might consider one of the neighborhoods in World Golf. Cascades is a 55 + community but not very walkable to stores. The Legends a condo development is a mile from several stores. Murabella is right behind the stores {Publix, CVS, Walgreens, pizza, a several other food choices, nail, hair etc., and a new YMCA and medical bldg.]
Thanks Vttosta. Yes we will differently be looking at WGV this time around along with Palencia, Rivertown, Shearwater, ect. Murabella sounds like a good match being close to Publix, CVS and others. That's exactly what they are looking for. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 11-16-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Anything along SR13 is definitely not walkable. That's one of the busiest roads in all of Jacksonville when you include where it turns into San Jose Road.

Try and focus on communities that are "all inclusive", meaning they include retail, their own gym, amenities, etc. Not all of these are walkable but at least you wouldn't have to drive a ton to get from Point A to Point B. Nocatee, the new Silverleaf, Beachwalk are a few of the newer ones. I believe they all have townhomes but unsure of whether or not they are one or two level.
Thank you for clarifying the SR13 issue Florida2014.

We haven't seen Silverleaf or Beachwalk yet. Will definitely add those to the list ! Also curious about the Durbin Park Pavilion, they were just starting on it when we were last there.

Looking forward to our trip down ! Everyone here is ready for some more Brooklyn Pizza !

Old 11-18-2019, 11:10 AM

370 posts, read 268,297 times
The enclave in Nocatee would be my first guuess for a house. They are small, have the little porches, alley loaded I believe so garage in front of a small street.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or