Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2020, 01:44 PM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Well, that was a valiant effort for the Jags, especially offensively. They seemed to figure it out defensively a bit more in the 2nd half but the damage had already been done.

Minshew is SUCH a breath of fresh air for this franchise. No longer do I feel like the Jags have lost if the team is down by more than 14 points.
Last year's team would have been done at halftime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2020, 06:26 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
I think that's why management has decided to purge all those veterans who seemed to give up if/when they were down. There is something to be said about starting/playing so many rookies......they have a will to win and improve unlike some of those veterans who have guaranteed contracts.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:40 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times
So much for any hope this season. Last nights game was a total embarrassment. Fitz looked like an MVP, Miami defense "The Steel Curtain" it was awful. I was starting to have hope, but now its tank time. If we still had all our MVP defensive players, this team would actually be pretty decent, as I believe Gruden is doing a great job and the OL is good.

Old 09-25-2020, 09:53 AM

I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet to tank for Trevor, but yes....that was abysmal. Really, really bad stuff for the entire world to see. Chris Conley needs to be cut after that performance. His first drop was a momentum killer and lead to the Dolphins going up by 14. How this guy is a "captain" is beyond me. The defense was horrible too, as was the playcalling. I'm sure you were all screaming along with me when it was 3rd and 5 in the late 2nd quarter and they run a pitch play to Chris Thompson to the short side of the field......HUH??? WTH was that? Got stuffed for a 1 yard loss.

On the bright side, I now know to start any/every WR/QB in fantasy if they are playing against the Jags. Guaranteed 25-30 pts!

Old 10-04-2020, 05:35 PM

Time to throw in the towel, washcloth and bathmat. Defense was dreadful. The Bengals ran to the edge with continued success. Time to tank.

Old 10-12-2020, 02:37 PM

OK, strike everything I said above. It's officially Tank for Trevor Time in Jacksonville. We need an upgrade at QB. I like Minshew and maybe we're not giving him enough time (or talent around him) to develop properly, but he just doesn't seem to be relaxed enough in the pocket to be an effective passer. He gets Jimmy Feet before anyone is even close to him and it screws up the timing on all of his routes and after he scrambles around its more or less "street ball" out there, run around and get open and I'll chuck it to you.

The defense is atrocious. What was odd to me is that for a good part of the game, we almost seemed BETTER on D without Jack, Henderson and Josh Allen.....how was that possible???

I feel like this franchise is teetering on becoming the next Cleveland Browns.....in an unending vicious circle that they cannot get out of. Just good enough never to get a top tier QB pick and dumb enough to miss on the obvious college QBs who are can't misses. We only need to look no further than the opposing QB from Sunday, we passed on him as well.

Old 10-12-2020, 03:21 PM

I hope we lose the rest of the games and get a new coach and GM and a top pick. We had a top 5 defense and now we have a top 32 defense. This team is a mess and depressing to watch.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:39 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,831,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
OK, strike everything I said above. It's officially Tank for Trevor Time in Jacksonville. We need an upgrade at QB. I like Minshew and maybe we're not giving him enough time (or talent around him) to develop properly, but he just doesn't seem to be relaxed enough in the pocket to be an effective passer. He gets Jimmy Feet before anyone is even close to him and it screws up the timing on all of his routes and after he scrambles around its more or less "street ball" out there, run around and get open and I'll chuck it to you.

The defense is atrocious. What was odd to me is that for a good part of the game, we almost seemed BETTER on D without Jack, Henderson and Josh Allen.....how was that possible???

I feel like this franchise is teetering on becoming the next Cleveland Browns.....in an unending vicious circle that they cannot get out of. Just good enough never to get a top tier QB pick and dumb enough to miss on the obvious college QBs who are can't misses. We only need to look no further than the opposing QB from Sunday, we passed on him as well.
I'm sorry but you are wrong. "Tank for Trevor" is a registered trademark of New York Jets, LLC (as if it will do them any good in the grand scheme of things.)

Old 10-16-2020, 06:31 AM

You're probably right. Looking at the Jets remaining schedule, I don't see a single win on it. I can see the Jags still squeaking out a few more wins, including this week vs. the Lions. The Giants are also still in the mix to go winless as well, they'd surely pull the trigger on Trevor and get rid of Danny Dimes (or bench him).

Old 10-27-2020, 08:09 AM

Since Trevor Lawrence is likely going to the Jets, how about Justin Fields from Ohio State? Big arm, mobile and his hometown (Kennesaw, GA) isn't that far from Jacksonville. Must keep losing!!! Keep Minshew next season as a tutor and backup, ala Fitzmagic this year for the 'Phins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville