Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2020, 09:28 AM

1,555 posts, read 2,123,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Since Trevor Lawrence is likely going to the Jets, how about Justin Fields from Ohio State? Big arm, mobile and his hometown (Kennesaw, GA) isn't that far from Jacksonville. Must keep losing!!! Keep Minshew next season as a tutor and backup, ala Fitzmagic this year for the 'Phins.
I'll take him. I'll take anything new and shiny with a pulse at this point....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2020, 11:24 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,764,503 times
I think we should stay the course with Minshew and Marrone, which will guarantee the most losses. New GM, coach and QB next year. Go Jags.

Old 10-27-2020, 11:31 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,170,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I think we should stay the course with Minshew and Marrone, which will guarantee the most losses. New GM, coach and QB next year. Go Jags.
Minshew went from classy to ashy reeeeeal quick. He just can't help himself in the pocket and would rather run around in circles than to look downfield and throw the d....n ball. He also doesn't seem to have the arm strength necessary to be a starting QB. Wish him well.......but somewhere else.

Old 10-27-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Minshew went from classy to ashy reeeeeal quick. He just can't help himself in the pocket and would rather run around in circles than to look downfield and throw the d....n ball. He also doesn't seem to have the arm strength necessary to be a starting QB. Wish him well.......but somewhere else.
A 6th round pick makes less than 750k/yr. Keep him as a back-up

Old 10-28-2020, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
A 6th round pick makes less than 750k/yr. Keep him as a back-up
Yes, agree. Although his rookie contract may be up soon so he may cost a bit more. Maybe not though depending on how he finishes the season.

What worries me is the 2017 Bortles scenario where Blake had that amazing streak of games at the end of the season and into the playoffs and suddenly everyone in the organization was pro-Bortles, which gave him that big contract and ensured we didn't draft any QBs for the next few years. That was as flukey as it gets as we all remember Bortles reverted back to "Bad Blake" starting in 2018 and it doomed this franchise for the next several years.

Old 10-28-2020, 09:32 AM

We will most likely have a new GM who will not be tied to any of the existing players. I doubt if we will have an "amazing" streak this year, with this roster.

Old 10-29-2020, 01:27 AM

11,025 posts, read 7,753,745 times
Quote:
Since Trevor Lawrence is likely going to the Jets, how about Justin Fields from Ohio State? Big arm, mobile and his hometown (Kennesaw, GA) isn't that far from Jacksonville. Must keep losing!!! Keep Minshew next season as a tutor and backup, ala Fitzmagic this year for the 'Phins.
Don't be so sure. As a long time Jets fan we know the Jets can ********** up too by winning a couple of meaningless games. What's worse, that could even save Adam Gase from being fired - that's how bad Jets ownership is.

Old 10-29-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Don't be so sure. As a long time Jets fan we know the Jets can ********** up too by winning a couple of meaningless games. What's worse, that could even save Adam Gase from being fired - that's how bad Jets ownership is.
I also read that Lawrence may not even go pro if things don't look good (i.e.: Jags with the first pick).

Marrone said yesterday he's going to "change things up" and try some different things. I think that's code for replacing Minshew with that Luton kid who was drafted in the 6th round. I can't imagine Marrone or anyone thinks Mike Glennon is the answer here.

The Jets and Jags could win some late season games when playoff teams are resting starters. That may be even more common this season when you factor in COVID, teams may be quarantining players leading up to the playoffs and that would mean not seeing the field at all. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out.

Old 10-29-2020, 08:24 AM

I think the rest of the league figured Minshew out and he wasn't able to elevate his game to compensate. The team needs a new coach and GM, look what Lynch and Shanahan did for the 49ers, from doormat to Super Bowl. We will have to suffer through the rest of the season hoping and praying we get a new administration. I thought Gruden would make the a difference but the D is so bad and they dumped many talented players.

Old 10-29-2020, 11:01 AM

Looks like Minshew has a bad thumb, could explain some things. He'll definitely be replaced next week now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville