Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2021, 01:20 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,148,490 times

Advertisements

Remember the original thread title?

"The Jaguars Suck Again!"

Good luck to us in getting any free agents to come here. Any offer these free agents get from other teams, we'll have to go 125%+ on that number and that's with "no state income tax" incentive....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2021, 04:00 PM

5,130 posts, read 6,123,485 times
It is frustrating as a fan to watch these games but we just have to hope things get better. I would have hoped after this many games and weekly practices this team would be tighter.

I am worried about Trevor though as he his a runner and has no problem taking off if he sees an opening but that leaves him open to injuries.

Old 12-07-2021, 04:48 AM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
It is frustrating as a fan to watch these games but we just have to hope things get better. I would have hoped after this many games and weekly practices this team would be tighter.

I am worried about Trevor though as he his a runner and has no problem taking off if he sees an opening but that leaves him open to injuries.
I almost think he doesn't run ENOUGH! There are so many times where I see he can get 5 to 8 yards on the ground, yet he holds onto the ball too long hoping one of his (terrible) receivers miraculously gets open at the last second. He seems elusive enough, I'd like to see him become that dual-threat QB he was in college a bit more. I don't want him to turn into Lamar Jackson and run the ball 20x/game, but he could stand to run it 8 to 10 times per game and get the team 40 to 60 yards on the ground.

Old 12-07-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I almost think he doesn't run ENOUGH! There are so many times where I see he can get 5 to 8 yards on the ground, yet he holds onto the ball too long hoping one of his (terrible) receivers miraculously gets open at the last second. He seems elusive enough, I'd like to see him become that dual-threat QB he was in college a bit more. I don't want him to turn into Lamar Jackson and run the ball 20x/game, but he could stand to run it 8 to 10 times per game and get the team 40 to 60 yards on the ground.
I agree he could run a bit more I am just hoping he doesn’t get injured his first year. Definitely a problem where our receivers can’t make the plays, I don’t see them hustling to make something happen when Trevor is scrambling.

Old 12-07-2021, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I agree he could run a bit more I am just hoping he doesn’t get injured his first year. Definitely a problem where our receivers can’t make the plays, I don’t see them hustling to make something happen when Trevor is scrambling.
You're right. When he's back there scrambling for his life and they show replays downfield the WRs just sort of stop and don't help him out much. TEs either. That's why his stats stink, he either forces it because they're already down big or throws it away. If you watch teams like the Packers or Chiefs, their WRs get it. Watch Adams or Hill as Rodgers/Mahomes scramble, they keep moving to get open no matter how long it takes.

In the end, he just doesn't have any weapons and I mean none. When your best WR is a 3-time cast-off from other teams (Treadwell) and you're signing more cast-offs like John Brown, you just know you're in trouble. Marvin Jones is average on his best day and can't get open to save his life and I guess Shenault isn't going to amount to much unless he improves a ton going into next year. He runs with the ball well but doesn't seem to have WR hands. Thought maybe they could use him as the Falcons are doing with Cordarelle Patterson but they seem unable or unwilling to try that with him for whatever reason.

And now with a top 2 or 3 pick, the best available players are going to be defensive lineman. Sigh. Hopefully we trade down for more picks, while D-line is a need, it simply isn't worth that high of a pick.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:20 AM

What a complete mess of a team....... Glad Urban's gone.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:33 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
What a complete mess of a team....... Glad Urban's gone.
Wow, talk about wrecking your legacy. UF fired his old OC ‘cause he couldn’t hack it as a head coach at a big program either.

The stench from him and Mullen is overpowering. UF has dragged the process of putting Urban in the Ring of Honor primarily because of the way he resigned as head coach. Guess it will take a few more years.

Old 12-16-2021, 05:23 AM

Well, as in past years I thought Shad would have least waited until the end of the season or given Urban another chance. He definitely needed to go and I wonder if Josh Lambo's comments were the final nail in the coffin and again the fans have to hope that next season is the one that the Jaguars begin the rebuilding process.

Old 12-16-2021, 06:06 AM

Hallelujah. I was probably much further on the "Let's Give Urban Another Chance" angle than most anyone I knew. But these last few weeks....my goodness. The stuff off the field was just too much to overcome and then you combine that with what is quite possibly the most laughably awful offense in the NFL in many decades, he's gotta go. My only concern is that Bevell is now interim head coach. I was really hoping he would get canned too but I guess when a new HC comes in, he'll clean house and bring in his own staff.

Old 12-16-2021, 07:11 AM

I'm sorry but Trent Baalke's gotta go too. Cant believe they held him over from David Caldwell era. Only 2 players are playing from this past draft??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville