Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2022, 11:24 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times

Advertisements

Fangio would make a great defensive coordinator.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 08:07 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,139,618 times
I am just an armchair fan of the Jaguars and I certainly didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night but didn't we all say that keeping the current GM was going to bite the team in the butt trying to lure a head coach to the Jaguars?

Old 01-28-2022, 08:41 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
I am just an armchair fan of the Jaguars and I certainly didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night but didn't we all say that keeping the current GM was going to bite the team in the butt trying to lure a head coach to the Jaguars?
Yup.... Full blown clown show in progress. If we don't hear anything today, I highly doubt anything gets done this weekend. NFL doesn't want owners conducting business/press conferences during playoff or championship weekend.

Old 01-28-2022, 09:11 AM

More rumors....but the holdup is that to hire Wilson as GM, they'd need to interview another minority candidate because of the Rooney Rule. I'm all about diversity, but this rule is a bit silly if you're already hiring an African American into the role.

Old 01-31-2022, 07:52 AM

I officially have no idea what's going on here. Reports today are that the Jags have now requested to interview the Raiders interim HC and that they asked (and were denied) to interview the Rams OC. I don't know if this is simply to be able to use that leverage to negotiate with Leftwich or if they've just moved on from BL since he wanted Baalke gone and Khan seemingly has no intention of firing Baalke.

Only Jacksonville could "eff" this up this badly.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:02 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,139,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I officially have no idea what's going on here. Reports today are that the Jags have now requested to interview the Raiders interim HC and that they asked (and were denied) to interview the Rams OC. I don't know if this is simply to be able to use that leverage to negotiate with Leftwich or if they've just moved on from BL since he wanted Baalke gone and Khan seemingly has no intention of firing Baalke.

Only Jacksonville could "eff" this up this badly.
I am right there with you......................my football knowledge is most likely not as deep of some of you but to me it seems like the Jaguars are really fumbling in the dark.

To me it seems irresponsible to interview potential coaches if you are going to can the GM so I guess he is here to stay.

The Raiders and Jaguars were the first in the hunt for a coach and we still don't have a suitable candidate.

Not that it matters but the national media is having a field day with the Jaguars with the main point being that the Jags have no clear direction and they had a head start on the rest of the NFL teams who are searching for GM and coaching positions.

Last edited by JBtwinz; 01-31-2022 at 09:19 AM..

Old 01-31-2022, 09:05 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times
I have resigned myself to more mediocrity here. We have been searching for over a month and its obvious what the problem is and it won't be addressed, so we will wind up with a second or third tier HC at best. Look at the gold standard teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, 49ers, Cowboys what do they all have in common? Owners that hire competent GMs, have a winning culture and the team is competitive year after year. This team has won 15 games in the last 4 years and and 4 in last 2. I have given up searching the web daily, hoping something good will happen and each day I am disappointed so I will no longer look or care. Que sera sera

Old 01-31-2022, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
I have resigned myself to more mediocrity here. We have been searching for over a month and its obvious what the problem is and it won't be addressed, so we will wind up with a second or third tier HC at best. Look at the gold standard teams like the Patriots, Steelers, Packers, 49ers, Cowboys what do they all have in common? Owners that hire competent GMs, have a winning culture and the team is competitive year after year. This team has won 15 games in the last 4 years and and 4 in last 2. I have given up searching the web daily, hoping something good will happen and each day I am disappointed so I will no longer look or care. Que sera sera
Would a Leftwich/Wilson combination revive some faith in Khan and the Jags at all for you? I still think that's in play but I cannot understand the delay here unless it is truly due to the Rooney Rule.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:00 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Would a Leftwich/Wilson combination revive some faith in Khan and the Jags at all for you? I still think that's in play but I cannot understand the delay here unless it is truly due to the Rooney Rule.
Problem is, if Rooney Rule was in fact the snag, we should have heard about a GM interview taking place by now from Rappaport/Schefter etc. Hope I’m wrong…

Old 01-31-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Problem is, if Rooney Rule was in fact the snag, we should have heard about a GM interview taking place by now from Rappaport/Schefter etc. Hope I’m wrong…
Maybe they are picking out some middle-mgmt African American within the organization to interview so that they can claim compliance with the rule?

Grasping at straws here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville