U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2019, 06:12 AM

2,201 posts, read 2,333,179 times

Advertisements

Congrats on the Jags win. They showed up and played, whereas, the Colts took the 2nd half off. Brissett is not the long term answer for us at QB and had a dreadful last half of the season. I don't get Reich's optimism.

I showed up at TIAA with my Manning jersey on, and other than some good natured ribbing and the Colts crappy performance had a great time. I had to google "DUUUVAL" as I had no idea what was going on. It's a nice stadium in a good location. We were staying at the Doubletree across the river and took a water taxi to the stadium. It was nice not to mess with traffic and parking.

Good luck in the draft and next season. Someone needs to knock the Texans off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2019, 08:36 AM

4,728 posts, read 3,415,177 times
He is keeping both Caldwell and the entire coaching staff. Sigh.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:35 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,153,726 times
WOW.............kind of speechless right now. Shad knows best and he is the owner but as a fan it's kind of hard to sit patiently through another year of rebuilding.

Happy New Year

Old 12-31-2019, 09:42 AM

3,616 posts, read 1,949,095 times
Nothing like rewarding mediocrity

Old 12-31-2019, 09:49 AM

4,728 posts, read 3,415,177 times
As I read through his comments I can see why Khan is sticking with them - after 2017 he gave them a 4 year extension and he's trying to stand tall with that commitment.

Having said that, yawn. This doesn't infuse the kind of enthusiasm for fans that are necessary in today's NFL.

Makes me sort of wonder if he isn't lowering the price of the franchise purposely to sell or relocate now. I could be way off base but I have a hard time understanding staying the course here.

Old 12-31-2019, 09:50 AM

3,084 posts, read 4,153,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Nothing like rewarding mediocrity

I guess the Jaguar's are putting total blame on this year's performance on Coughln.

Shad keeps mentioning his disappointment in the Jags revenue stream, and not to buy into conspiracy theories I do. believe if they were to put a team in London it would be the Jags.

Old 12-31-2019, 12:02 PM

268 posts, read 920,113 times
https://tenor.com/Zk94.gif

Old 12-31-2019, 05:26 PM

242 posts, read 98,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post

Makes me sort of wonder if he isn't lowering the price of the franchise purposely to sell or relocate now. I could be way off base but I have a hard time understanding staying the course here.
I've been saying this for some time now.

Old 01-01-2020, 07:25 AM

3,616 posts, read 1,949,095 times
I am from, and thankfully no longer live in Buffalo. There was a similar situation years ago when the team played 1 game per year in Toronto. Everyone thought it was a prelude to the team moving there, but it never materialized. The NFL is an American sport and the rest of the world could care less. Soccer is the main sport everywhere else. In the UK soccer is a religion and a full time, underperforming team would not do well IMHO. Jax is an up and coming area, if and when the team gets its act together, the area will get behind it. Thankfully there is College ball and many other things to do here, not like Buffalo. Lets see what happens next year, at least we have a decent QB and a super expensive back-up who hopefully is traded. If you want a similar situation look at the Detroit Lions.

Old 01-03-2020, 01:03 PM

1,196 posts, read 1,463,165 times
The problem with this team is the owner. He enables a culture of losing, a culture of accepting anything , whether it is reaching .500, just making the playoffs , or even their appearance in the AFC championship two years ago. Look at a team like the Patriots who didn’t get a first round bye and have to play this weekend, and if they don’t win the super bowl, their season will be looked at as a failure.

Khan also screws this franchise by allowing one home game to be played in London. Every. Single. Season. That’s not a way to build your identity.

I liked Coughlin, but his style is just persona non grata anymore in this Woke NFL. I don’t have a problem with Marrone staying another year to prove himself, but Caldwell is an empty suit and a real GM needs to be put in place and given free reign. Owner needs to stop meddling with his staff ( Hows that working out for you Dallas ?”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville