U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2020, 01:23 PM

4,728 posts, read 3,415,177 times

Advertisements

Tua declared today, I wonder if he will drop down to the Jags? With his injury question marks, he's likely no longer a top 5 pick, Dolphins might have their eye on him though. I doubt the Jaguars go big on another QB with 2 already in the fold. Unless somehow they manage to rid themselves of Foles and his contract.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 09:39 AM

DeFilipo is gone after one short season. I guess if we're not going to get rid of Marrone that's the logical choice to remove/replace.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:12 PM

1,819 posts, read 1,505,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
He is keeping both Caldwell and the entire coaching staff. Sigh.
I read that several players lobbied Khan to keep Marrone and his staff. Khan did, but I imagine that the margin for error isn't large at this point.

Old 01-15-2020, 02:16 PM

1,819 posts, read 1,505,015 times
Quote:
Tua declared today, I wonder if he will drop down to the Jags? With his injury question marks, he's likely no longer a top 5 pick, Dolphins might have their eye on him though. I doubt the Jaguars go big on another QB with 2 already in the fold. Unless somehow they manage to rid themselves of Foles and his contract.
That is exactly it, IMO. If Foles and his contract are still in Jacksonville, the Jags won't take another QB in the first round. I had concerns about Tagovailoa's mobility before the injury, let alone now. He isn't quick by any means. Great arm, but he won't run for too many first downs at the NFL level. As for Foles, all that is known about him is that he is good in a part time role in Philadelphia. He hasn't proven anything since. I don't see another team being willing to take on that contract.

Old 01-20-2020, 12:28 PM

Interesting that the OC role hasn't been filled yet. I haven't even heard that anyone has interviewed. I wonder if this means Khan doesn't have his eye on one of the teams who were remaining yesterday - KC, SF, TN or GB. I can't even guess as to anyone on any of those staff's who would consider Jacksonville as an upgrade over their current gig, unless they are a QB coach or some role like that.

Has anyone heard a peep at all about interviews?

Old 01-20-2020, 01:51 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,329,860 times
Quote:
Interesting that the OC role hasn't been filled yet. I haven't even heard that anyone has interviewed. I wonder if this means Khan doesn't have his eye on one of the teams who were remaining yesterday - KC, SF, TN or GB. I can't even guess as to anyone on any of those staff's who would consider Jacksonville as an upgrade over their current gig, unless they are a QB coach or some role like that.

Has anyone heard a peep at all about interviews?
Ben McAdoo, Scott Linehan and Jay Gruden all had interviews within the past week.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Ben McAdoo, Scott Linehan and Jay Gruden all had interviews within the past week.
No one on this list is very exciting. I guess if I had to pick one it would be McAdoo but he didn't fare all that well in NY.

Old 01-21-2020, 02:29 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,329,860 times
All these candidates have 1 thing in common (including Ken Whisenhunt who's also apparently in the mix) - all former head coaches. Shad's got to be driving this search just in case they start the year 0-3 and have to fire Marrone. They need to have someone with HC experience to take over as an interim HC.

As a Giants fan, I can't stand McAdoo so I pray the Jags don't go that route. I'd be ok with Gruden. Coaching under Snyder is a near impossible task.

Old 01-22-2020, 06:03 AM

Sounds like Gruden will be announced today. I think you're right, Shad is also looking for a Head Coach 1A in the near certain event Marrone gets canned next season.

Tough to judge an OC if his recent work was as a HC. I know he also served as an OC before but I don't remember any of his offenses being lights out by any means. Fingers crossed he brings in some new/fresh ideas.

Old 01-22-2020, 12:21 PM

370 posts, read 268,101 times
Yeah he was successful at Cincy as OC for a number of years and got Dalton to career highs and top 5 offense before taking head coach at Wash. I remember hoping Jags would hire him as Head Coach before he went to Wash. I bet the Jag brass is not even going to count Wash as a failure on Gruden. I could see Gruden getting a head coach consideration or interim basis with the jags depending on how things go in 2020.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville