Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:47 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times

Advertisements

Ah, time for a Burma Shave ad for Jacksonville:

To live at the beach
With a million dollar view
You'll need about 4 million
Or will a condo do?
... Jacksonville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2008, 12:52 PM

541 posts, read 2,285,520 times
I recently saw a home in Palm Beach go for 81 million. It was oceanfront, but it was a freaking mansion. With its own artwork/sculpture/statues throughout the yard.

So, what is the cheapest oceanfront 3 br/2bath I could get at one of the beaches here? For all you real estate agents or even those who have shopped around out there. Also, was my mention of 400k for a 1 br oceanfront condo accurate?

Subprimes are out...so what is the real price.

Old 04-21-2008, 07:03 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
You can get on the ocean in a single family home for 2MM, but your choices and location are going to be somewhat limited. You'll find more condos available for that and under. You will be able to get ocean views for that and under.

What jsimms said is good advice. You really should have a top notch Realtor to work with. If you need some suggestions, please PM me, and I can make some recommendations to you, or point you in the direction of some quality companies to work with.
here in ponte vedra 2 mil might get you an oceanfront tear down, there are some condos and townhouses you could get for well under 2 million and if you really want cheap ocean front you could go down to S ponte vedra or villano beach but be wary of places with little beach in front of the homes, there are some very bad erosion issues there

Old 04-22-2008, 07:54 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,023,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
here in ponte vedra 2 mil might get you an oceanfront tear down, there are some condos and townhouses you could get for well under 2 million and if you really want cheap ocean front you could go down to S ponte vedra or villano beach but be wary of places with little beach in front of the homes, there are some very bad erosion issues there
Yes, that's why you see so many for sales in S Ponte Vedra.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:21 AM

1 posts, read 1,223 times
my family and I are considering moving to Atlantic beach can somebody tell me if this is a good area to raise children. How are the school systems and what the environment is like there?

Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 PM

581 posts, read 920,281 times
Atlantic Beach is a great to raise kids. You primarily want to stay east of Selva Marina Drive. When we bought 3 years ago there were lots of houses to choose from. We were there this March and April and saw virtually nothing for sale (or maybe no for sale signs). The further north you go in Atlantic Beach the less public parking and way less people at the beach.

Old 07-05-2013, 02:10 PM

216 posts, read 475,277 times
There is a small jewish community, conservative, at Solana and A1a, in n ponte vedra beach. For some reason they bought houses with driveways opening onto A1A, (crazy). but kids can get hebrew lessons, etc there. But you have to go to Mandarin to find JAX' organized Jewish community with several temples.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:03 PM

36 posts, read 93,267 times
One place you might like in Southern Florida is Delray Beach. It is a beach town with a downtown area that is lively, has an antiques row area and is generally quite laid back. There are large Jewish populations in South Florida.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville