U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2019, 03:24 PM

3 posts, read 1,076 times

Advertisements

Anyone that lives in, or is very familiar with SJGCC, I would love to hear your thoughts. Particularly around raising a family. Is this a good neighborhood for an elementary school aged child? Are there many social events for families to meet (that people actually attend)? Really anything you think may be useful. We are very intrigued by the mature trees, good size houses, and generous lot sizes.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2019, 07:43 AM

4,780 posts, read 3,433,857 times
We viewed a few houses there but could not find anything that fit our particular needs. But SJGCC is a great neighborhood from everything I've heard and read. All neighborhoods in our area are more or less very family friendly and SJGCC has a lot of events at the golf club from what I hear. If you are a golfer, even better.....although that is one TOUGH course if you ask me.

Old 12-27-2019, 05:57 PM

93 posts, read 78,998 times
Great neighborhood, great people, great choice for raising a family. We lived there for 7+ years until our kids were 8 and 6. Agree with all that intrigued you. Homes have maintained their value and many are nicely updated and renovated. Many fun family events that are well attended and free. Clubhouse that is public and has just begun a multi million dollar renovation. We moved about 15 min SE of the area about 4.5 years ago mainly due to the influx of development. 210 is congested but great families in SJGCC and well maintained and established. Would not buy in a brand new development right now not knowing the future and sustainability. Buy a resale!

Old 12-29-2019, 09:30 PM

110 posts, read 86,511 times
LOVE this community. I am not a resident, but a local realtor and must say that it is one of my favorites! Unlike the brand new master planned communities, SJGCC left beautiful landscaping and has a great mature and manicured feel. The homes are traditional but many have been fully updated and the schools are great. If we could not live at the beach, this would be my personal 1st choice for my family. I know people that live in the community and everyone seems to love it - resale is strong too and after 20 years, that says a lot for a community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville