Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2020, 08:30 PM

4 posts, read 5,794 times

Advertisements

Hello.my name is Angela and I currently live upstate and looking to relocate. I have twin boys and I’m a single mom. I need some insight cause I’m looking to relocate. I was thinking about Florida or North Carolina. I could use some insights which area are good and about school and jobs. I currently do medical billing.8: looking to find out about civil services exams, schools, and I also got assistance with my daycare from the govt. is it different from nys... I’m so confused on where to go. Take in mind, I have no family. I have some friends that lives in St. John’s and North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2020, 05:12 PM

7 posts, read 13,124 times
I live in Cary NC (Raleigh) for past 4 years and love it. The Wake county schools are one of the best. You also have option to choose from traditional and all year round schools as per your convenience. Quality of life is very good especially if you are a single mom very convenient commute time, airport, shopping, hospitals everything very close by average 15-20 mins drive. Great daycares, many young families, lots of kids around... perfect place to raise kids. You have best restaurants for every cuisine type. There is a huge IT and Pharma presence here so great job options. Beautiful weather, lots of green trails and safe neighborhoods. Cary, Morrisville, Durham , Raleigh, Chapel Hill all areas are good. I have colleagues that moved here from Long Island and love this place too.

Old 01-05-2020, 06:28 PM

What is the weather there? I’m a single mom and want a better life. I have no family so I would have to hire movers not bringing much but bedrooms set, washer and dryer and TVs and boxes of personal items and kids stuff. Is it exepive to hire movers, cause I wanted to do after I get my tax money back but I have to save up til next years depending on estimates from moving companies...

Old 01-06-2020, 09:26 AM

267 posts, read 262,241 times
Check out Best Movers of America. I got quotes from 3 companies based on internet reviews for a move 2 years ago. BMA was much cheaper than the other companies and did exactly what they promised. I would hire them again in a heart beat.

Old 01-07-2020, 06:33 PM

I will look into in that. My kids will be 2 in March. What age starts preschool and what the best preschools in St. John’s or Jacksonville. Does anyone know what area will be good for kids ?

Old 01-07-2020, 07:31 PM

661 posts, read 867,522 times
Daycare when my kids were that age a few years ago was in the $125-$150 a week per kid range. I am not sure about which ones are best these days but there are plenty to choose from. Just depends on where you live and what 's convenient/close to home or work.

Old 01-08-2020, 05:48 PM

482 posts, read 419,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper-Duel View Post
The real problem if you still need government assistance for daycare, which I told you that FL state government isn't big on government benefits. You stated that your profession is Medical Billing, which is on average it pays $15/hr in Jacksonville. You will make too much for any government assistance for daycare on the state level. FL does not like people who leech off government assistance, unlike NY. If you are thinking that you might get government assistance for food or daycare, sorry but unless you are close to making min wage you will not get any help. $15/hr in Jax doesn't go as far as people would like, including having two children. Rent has increased over the last few years due to the growth of the area.

You will have to make at least $50k+ if you want to have enough money for rent, pay for daycare for your children, and have enough to eat.
This. You're in no financial position to relocate. Accept it.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:32 PM

16 posts, read 17,389 times
NC and FL are both extremely expensive and unaffordable. Try Tennessee.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: