Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2020, 02:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,540 times

Advertisements

Hello! I will be moving to the area and I'm just wondering what are some good areas to consider in relation to where I will be working (this question probably gets asked a lot, i apologize) I will be working in the Cecil Commerce area, near the Cecil Airport in SW Jacksonville. I am currently looking near Orange Park, or the Baymeadows area... are these safe areas? any recommendations? I would start with an apartment and would like to keep it under 1k/month. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2020, 12:10 PM

9,381 posts, read 8,345,252 times
You're unlikely to find anything safe in ANY areas if you're paying under $1,000/mo and in a rental apartment building.

My best advice would be to look to Zillow or hook up with a good rental realtor and find a condo or townhome to rent. At least that way you're upping your odds a bit by having neighbors who are mostly homeowners.

I personally would not/could not live in Orange Park.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:29 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
Orange Park and Baymeadows area both have plenty of good areas and bad areas. So you'd have to zero in a bit.

I disagree about the $1000 price point I am pretty certain there are tons of safe areas under that price point for a one bedroom. But sure it becomes a little trickier, and they are definitely more like 8-unit block apartments than a big complex with nice amenities.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:33 PM

7,775 posts, read 10,152,240 times
This is just a random search result I noticed was very close to Cecil Field and looks pretty good at just under $1k.
https://www.apartments.com/addison-l...le-fl/txzkkz9/

I am not personally familiar with Orange Park and Cecil Field areas, so I can't give you much more info.

Old 01-20-2020, 08:01 PM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
least expensive=more sketchy. Dont 'find' a place you think looks cute and is cheaper on your list. It usually ends up being least expensive for a reason. Might be better of renting a house for similar money in an actual neighborhood with more responsible neighbors.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,979,764 times
It's often recommended that anyone relocating here should, if possible, make a visit to see Jacksonville (and surrounding area) first-hand. Depending on where you're coming from the traffic here could be a breeze or a nightmare, and an area could look sketchy or look just fine. It's all about personal perspective and opinion in those regards.

If you can't make a visit, then do some virtual driving with google streets and use satellite views of areas in which you find apartments that seem doable. Landlords can be adept at using the most favorable photos of apartmemts when the realities are different.

You can also use spotcrime or crimemapping and plug in an address to get a sense of the safeness of an area.

Old 01-22-2020, 04:47 PM

4 posts, read 2,540 times
thanks for the responses! Greatly Appreciated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville