U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 06:42 PM

6 posts, read 1,519 times

Advertisements

Well, you might be making a better choice, I guess. But Nashville, especially if you don't like country music, is OVERRATED. It's a city that's tried to capture the reputation of New Orleans and make ITS downtown touristy. What's in Nashville? There are tons of alternatives to Nashville, such as New Orleans, Memphis, and Atlanta. Lower Broadway shouldn't exist. But enough of beating the dead horse in Nashville. Now to Jacksonville.

While Jacksonville is much less-touristy despite its size, it's a better place to live. Downtown Jacksonville is mostly dead and not known for tourism like Miami. Jacksonville is very, very, big, so know where exactly you want to live. It's also very hot in Jacksonville, especially during the summer. And The Beaches, they have nothing to do with the city though in the same county. But anyway, the westside and areas north of Downtown are not very safe. I mean, not like Detroit, but still not safe enough without going there to get anything stolen. It's also got the St. Johns Town Center, which, if you like shopping, might be for you. And finally, if you like sports, there's something good about Jacksonville that it is the home of the annual Georgia-Florida football game. That's probably the only time Jacksonville gets "touristy", but nobody sees the downtown. They're just tailgating for the game. And it's much busier than normal, including Jaguars regular season games. The St. John's River is unique that it flows south to north, the only river other than in Egypt to do so. Alright. If you're moving to JAX, good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2020, 07:13 AM

5 posts, read 910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justthemust View Post
The St. John's River is unique that it flows south to north, the only river other than in Egypt to do so. Alright. If you're moving to JAX, good luck!
A few rivers run south to North
Genesee river in Rochester is one.

Old Today, 09:09 PM

38 posts, read 38,148 times
I got a chuckle after reading Squarepeg's post. Such an accurate description and summation of this sorry *ss city. I have lived many places throughout the years and really can't complain about this place that much. I reside in the Town Ctr. area which is deceiving because I thought when I first arrived here, Jacksonville was comprised of newer office parks and open air shopping malls along with brilliant landscaping. I was so far off. I find the neighborhoods change quickly here block to block and to me its all about your passion. So mine is finding the most challenging job that gets me up in the morning and doing what I absolutely love to do. If I finally find it in JAX. then I overlook the lack of culture, boring downtown scene, three of the worst shopping malls (Avenues/Orange Park/Regency) known to man and a beach scene needs a major revitalization. To me it is not so much where I live it is what I am doing there.
I really hope JAX can gets its act together. There is so much potential here for new businesses, an art/gourmet restaurant scene, a historical revival, and I see it in areas like San Marco, and St. Nicholas. Am I the only one? I really hope not. I want the best for Jacksonville and wish I could snap my fingers to empower the wealthy to invest here. I really think this could be an over the top outrageous place but it needs more people with vision and money to achieve that. I have always been a dreamer but I do have a vision of future Jacksonville and it is a positive one. Think I'll stick around for a while more and see what happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville