U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2020, 12:19 PM

4 posts, read 566 times

Advertisements

In June, we will move to Jacksonville from Baton Rouge,LA. Our son will be 5-year-old. My wife is having a trouble to find a school for him. We are afraid that June will be too late to register for any good school in St.Johns area.

We are planning to rent a house in St.Johns. I know that we need to have an address in order to sign-up. Are we required to change our driver licenses as well for his school?

Thank you for any information or suggestions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2020, 01:24 PM

4,728 posts, read 3,415,177 times
It's been a while for us but I believe you have to show proof of address with such things as a mortgage statement, utility bill, etc. Are you talking about public schools? If so, there shouldn't be a problem with providing such information in June.

Old 02-19-2020, 01:39 PM

4 posts, read 566 times
Thank you. We heard the public school system in St. Johns is good so we will rent a house in that area. My work is located on the west side of Jacksonville. We won't move until June 1st. Is it possible to sign up on June, which is only 2 months before the kindergarten starting?

Old 02-19-2020, 02:45 PM

1,265 posts, read 1,329,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duclong12a5 View Post
Thank you. We heard the public school system in St. Johns is good so we will rent a house in that area. My work is located on the west side of Jacksonville. We won't move until June 1st. Is it possible to sign up on June, which is only 2 months before the kindergarten starting?
You should be ok in June, July or even after the school year begins as long as you can prove residency. My son started Kindergarten this past August (in St. Johns county) and there were only 15 or so registered in his class during his orientation which was a week or so before school started (4 Kindergarten classes at his school). When school began, his class ended up with 18 kids due to late registration.

Enrolling your child:

https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/enrollment/

Proof of residency:

https://www.stjohns.k12.fl.us/student/residency/

Old 02-19-2020, 04:19 PM

4 posts, read 566 times
Ivan, thank you for the links. That's great news. I will stay on Airbnb for 2 months before my family can move down on June 1st.

Old 02-20-2020, 11:12 AM

370 posts, read 268,101 times
ah man get ready to be friends with the buckman bridge! but on a serious note, welcome and hope the move goes well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or