Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2020, 08:30 PM

59 posts, read 253,755 times

Advertisements

I’m white single woman & have 5 days vacation in Feb to find an apartment for March 1 st that is pet friendly. And no I am not prejudice I just don’t want anything ghetto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2020, 06:14 AM

9,398 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Generally the further north and north/west you go in Jacksonville the worse the areas become. There are pockets of exceptions but if you stay south and/or east you'll generally be in a better area.

Old 01-07-2020, 03:18 PM

59 posts, read 253,755 times
Default Moving soon

Thank you for heads up on moving south, I’m thinking Neptune Beach

Old 01-07-2020, 07:36 PM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merillo5 View Post
Thank you for heads up on moving south, I’m thinking Neptune Beach
Solid choice.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:35 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by merillo5 View Post
I’m white single woman & have 5 days vacation in Feb to find an apartment for March 1 st that is pet friendly. And no I am not prejudice I just don’t want anything ghetto.
Well, first off, don't advertise that you are a single woman on a message board that is going on vacation, and then tell them exactly where you're going. You're like to get some terribly disgusting men hit on you and try to get you to meet them somewhere when you get here. I get so irritated when men try to pick up women on anonymous message boards. It's truly pathetic!!

Ladies, if you agree with me, DM your number so we can talk about it over drinks.

SS

Old 01-15-2020, 09:40 AM

116 posts, read 143,996 times
Neptune Beach is fine, but there aren't many rentals there. You may also want to consider the other beaches towns, or ponte vedra beach and west of the intracoastal - Lots of nice apartment complexes. There are a ton of them off Hodges. Also southeast Jax along St Johns County border and even into St. Johns county. I moved to the area in June looking for same and did all the research - looked at SO MANY lol.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:37 AM

8,952 posts, read 20,372,776 times
We lived just north of the Avenues Mall for 10 1/2 years. As far as we were concerned, it was one of the safest areas. There were a few single ladies, in their 40's, that lived in the complex and they seemed fine. It was a decent apartment complex and we are in our early 70's.

Old 01-23-2020, 09:53 AM

3 posts, read 4,680 times
Default Thinking about moving to the Jacksonville area

Quote:
Originally Posted by minna_reid View Post
Neptune Beach is fine, but there aren't many rentals there. You may also want to consider the other beaches towns, or ponte vedra beach and west of the intracoastal - Lots of nice apartment complexes. There are a ton of them off Hodges. Also southeast Jax along St Johns County border and even into St. Johns county. I moved to the area in June looking for same and did all the research - looked at SO MANY lol.
Hello! This is my first post on here, but I’m thinking about moving to Jacksonville and saw that you moved to the area fairly recently... are you happy with your decision? Thanks!

Old 01-23-2020, 01:31 PM

116 posts, read 143,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern girl 009 View Post
Hello! This is my first post on here, but I’m thinking about moving to Jacksonville and saw that you moved to the area fairly recently... are you happy with your decision? Thanks!
Yes I love it here. I moved from CT in June 2019. I moved for the climate, beaches, and lower cost of living - all of which I got. This part of Florida is also significantly younger than south and central FL (if that's important to you - it was to me), has the airport so I can get to CT easy, and Jacksonville is a large, diverse, growing area. Jacksonville is huge though, you can have a totally different experience in another part of the city. The area I am in is perfect (for me anyway) - just west of the ICW. I'm at the beach 3-5 days a week and there are 4 within ~10 minutes, 4 more within 30. Ton of gorgeous parks and water activities. The schools are good, its a safe, pretty and clean area, ton of amenities. I have found the people to be super friendly. Downtown is like 30 minutes, airport 35-40. I can get to some of the springs in central FL in a couple hours, and across to the gulf in 3-4 hours. I can't complain at all. I guess the only downside I have noticed is rush hour traffic. I don't really have to deal with it because I work from home, but when I accidentally do venture out during that time - it's brutal. I think a daily commuter would really want to take that into consideration.

Old 01-24-2020, 10:31 PM

16 posts, read 17,391 times
Default Whiteness

No place is safe in Jacksonville. Have you seen the stats for murder and rape? Single woman? Do yourself a favor and move somewhere else. I lived there 10 years (and I’m from Central FL) and recently moved to TN. I will never go back to that nightmare!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville