Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2020, 06:27 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times

Advertisements

People are definitely getting creative and are willing to walk 1/4 to 1/2 a mile to get to Mickler's. I know that the North Guana Outpost store on Mickler, which is across the street from the St. John's Sheriff's substation, is charging $5 per car to park in their lot and it's been packed every day this week.

Some also figured out they can park on Neck Rd. off of Mickler which is causing all kinds of issues. From what I understand, visitors are partially and FULLY parking on people's lawns (I saw this yesterday), blocking access and almost hitting residents since the street's been narrowed with cars parked on both sides. According to Nextdoor, SJSO will now be ticketing those cars beginning today.

I have an idea where people will go next but I'm certainly not mentioning it here...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2020, 10:58 AM

319 posts, read 360,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
From what I understand, visitors are partially and FULLY parking on people's lawns (I saw this yesterday), blocking access and almost hitting residents since the street's been narrowed with cars parked on both sides. According to Nextdoor, SJSO will now be ticketing those cars beginning today.

Did I read that correctly ?

Visitors are parking on people's lawns, blocking access and almost hitting residents and SJSO will only start ticketing those cars beginning today ? How long has this been going on ?

Old 03-28-2020, 05:59 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Did I read that correctly ?

Visitors are parking on people's lawns, blocking access and almost hitting residents and SJSO will only start ticketing those cars beginning today ? How long has this been going on ?
Yup, it was going on for several days. In regards to blocking access, what I meant was that cars parking on both sides of the road would have blocked emergency vehicle access to the street. SJSO resisted at first telling residents on Neck Rd. that the public has the right to park on the street. They recanted and posted signs today and blocked parking with cones/signs. It's all moot now since St. Johns county is closing the beaches effective Sunday 3/29 at 6am. Area next to the SJSO substation where the SandwichMan Deli's located was charging $10 to park today. Complete s*** show.

Old 03-29-2020, 04:39 AM

5,199 posts, read 6,142,795 times
They are contemplating opening our beaches with limited access this coming week. If this weather keeps up I envision the same problems up here. Right now with out the ability to drive on the beach we now have very limited parking.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:22 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
All SJC beaches closed. I hope when this Administrator, Hunter Conrad, comes up for re-election the people here remember how he totally screwed up all of these decisions with regards to closing the beaches.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:49 AM

6,417 posts, read 4,911,200 times
Finally, so ridiculous leaving them open when all the others were closed.

Old 03-29-2020, 09:52 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Now that I look it up, I don't believe the County Administrator is elected. Says this Conrad guy was appointed by our County Commissioners on an interim basis, then was offered the role permanently. In an interview he claims God guides him in his decisions (EYE ROLL).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville