Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 02:06 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post

FL will get 15k new cases in 10 days watch
I say keep them closed all year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2020, 02:25 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
I am all for having these things open, however, I know it will be the few idiots who will ruin it for everyone, as usual with the case for many things.

I say have severe punishments for those violating the rules, that way it will deter people from doing so and everyone can enjoy these things.

I am also wondering about the liability thing, i am waiting for the first lawsuits to come "you knew there was a virus, you should have closed things".

Old 04-18-2020, 02:28 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,349,724 times
Well, I guess that's one way to cull the herd.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:32 PM

5,687 posts, read 7,181,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yet the Miami-Dade mayor had to close the parks, beaches, and marinas because guess what, way too many people decided to not abide by the guidelines and huddle together, thus ruining it for those who were responsible.

I have no idea where you get your assessment of S. FL from, you say experience, my experience shows otherwise.
Different people have different experiences, I guess. That's what makes the world go 'round. I was always baffled by the number of people who went to tanning salons in South Florida, including people I knew, when the beach or a pool was so readily available.

I used to do the parcours at Holiday Park in Ft. Lauderdale every other morning. Nothing but a handful of people there when I went. Although, as I understand it, Holiday Park is not a place people want to go anymore, I've heard it's too dangerous now. I guess that's another reason people stay indoors, sigh.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:37 PM

Quote:

I say have severe punishments for those violating the rules, that way it will deter people from doing so and everyone can enjoy these things.
Absolutely. Especially for those people who are having sex throughout this entire debacle. That REALLY violates social distancing in the worst way. Just gross. They ought to install monitors in everyone's bedroom and hook them up to the police stations and arrest anyone who's having some nookie. Or at the very least, rush over to their residence with a cattle prod.

I'll tell you, Governor DeSantis has major blood on his hands for not shutting down sex. Because where maybe there was only one person infected before, once they have sex, that's now two people infected. Or, in the case of South Florida, up to nine or ten.

Old 04-18-2020, 02:50 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Absolutely. Especially for those people who are having sex throughout this entire debacle. That REALLY violates social distancing in the worst way. Just gross. They ought to install monitors in everyone's bedroom and hook them up to the police stations and arrest anyone who's having some nookie. Or at the very least, rush over to their residence with a cattle prod.

I'll tell you, Governor DeSantis has major blood on his hands for not shutting down sex. Because where maybe there was only one person infected before, once they have sex, that's now two people infected. Or, in the case of South Florida, up to nine or ten.
Seems you missed the purpose of the social distancing guidelines.

It is to slow down the infection rate, not to 100% infections. So the plan was to close down things that groups of people tend to go to, that would be restaurants, parks, beaches, events, etc. So it would reduce the chance of a handful of people infection dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of people all at once.

The parks and beaches were originally opened in Miami-Dade, however, way too many people were violating this concept, it looked like damn Memorial Day there. Same with boating, where people were tying their boats together and having a party, also landing on a sandbar and having a party. So because of these people, they closed these things down.

It seems you are really missing the science and logic behind social distancing, have you not read anything about the virus and infectious diseases at all?

Old 04-18-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Seems you missed the purpose of the social distancing guidelines.

It is to slow down the infection rate, not to 100% infections. So the plan was to close down things that groups of people tend to go to, that would be restaurants, parks, beaches, events, etc. So it would reduce the chance of a handful of people infection dozens, hundreds, or even thousands of people all at once.

The parks and beaches were originally opened in Miami-Dade, however, way too many people were violating this concept, it looked like damn Memorial Day there. Same with boating, where people were tying their boats together and having a party, also landing on a sandbar and having a party. So because of these people, they closed these things down.

It seems you are really missing the science and logic behind social distancing, have you not read anything about the virus and infectious diseases at all?

But were they having sex? That involves some major exchange of bodily fluids and violates the 6 foot rule.

Old 04-18-2020, 04:01 PM

5,176 posts, read 6,136,412 times
Florida schools are officially closed for this school year and the number of deaths due to the virus continue to climb in Florida but the beaches opening are our priority’s.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBtwinz View Post
Florida schools are officially closed for this school year and the number of deaths due to the virus continue to climb in Florida but the beaches opening are our priority’s.
Florida is all about beaches and water, etc. If we don't get the economy open, the deaths from poverty, suicide, domestic abuse, etc. will make the covid 19 deaths look like a minor accident. Why is this so hard to understand?

If you want to stay at home, no problem.

Old 04-18-2020, 05:45 PM

30,431 posts, read 21,241,024 times
Let these fools go to the beach and kill each other. Last time i stepped on a beach was in 1984. I have no wish to ever see a beach unless i am on my offshore to fish and coming back to the dock.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville