Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2020, 07:07 PM

18,547 posts, read 15,570,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
He's doing the right thing. Read the article I just posted on sunlight and the coronavirus. He should have kept the beaches open the whole time, there'd be a lot fewer cases if people got outside.
No.

It's not being on the beach itself that is the issue.

What happens when everyone goes into that crowded bathhouse or changing room or shower area?

One person with COVID-19 goes into that area during a crowded time and starts coughing.

How many will inhale it and get infected?

One the virus gets *inside* another person's respiratory tract, it's too late. Sunlight won't do any good at that point.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2020, 07:45 PM

482 posts, read 418,692 times
I'm not aware of any bath houses or changing rooms on Jax Beach....

Old 05-08-2020, 10:34 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,871,384 times
"Average time to die of COVID is 18 days. That's May 7th." I posted that on this thread April 19th. Here we are.

Previous to today, yesterday, and the day before - there was NO (zero) CONSECUTIVE THREE DAY SPAN - where the number of dead exceeded 60. But you've done it, with 72, 68, and 61.

18 days after opening the beaches - exactly as predicted - there is a spike in Florida deaths. You can invent any (other) reason you want, but you'll have work really hard to find something as concrete as that.

This is just the beginning, folks.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:15 AM

11,936 posts, read 13,094,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post
"Average time to die of COVID is 18 days. That's May 7th." I posted that on this thread April 19th. Here we are.

Previous to today, yesterday, and the day before - there was NO (zero) CONSECUTIVE THREE DAY SPAN - where the number of dead exceeded 60. But you've done it, with 72, 68, and 61.

18 days after opening the beaches - exactly as predicted - there is a spike in Florida deaths. You can invent any (other) reason you want, but you'll have work really hard to find something as concrete as that.

And here is the first, "I told you so."

Old 05-08-2020, 02:01 PM

9,374 posts, read 8,342,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roodd279 View Post

There are lots of other businesses that have opened in the same timeframe here so you simply cannot attribute anything to beaches re-opening.

Also, you're talking about the entire state of FL. Here in St Johns Co we've only had 4 reported deaths. Duval is considerably higher, but so is the population of Duval. Can't throw an entire blanket over the entire state in that manner.

Old 05-08-2020, 03:46 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,871,384 times
Hey, I had to hear 18 days of "I told ya so's" from people that went to the beach and didn't get sick. They thought.

YES - lots of businesses opened - but how many opened 18 days ago?

Not "within" the last 18 days - no - but 18 days ago? And whichever ones did - that's not helping the case for beaches - it just confirmed that mistake of businesses.

I'm not saying "don't open" - we MUST open - and get this band-aid ripped off - I am just saying that if you think it's "gone" or something, or that staying home didn't stop it from killing people - here's your first sign that maybe it DID actually keep it from killing people.

Old 05-09-2020, 02:21 PM

9,374 posts, read 8,342,991 times
I think everyone understands and accepts the # of cases will go higher once we re-open things - beaches, restaurants, hair salons, etc. That's more or less universally accepted by everyone. You're not uncovering some deep state information my man. But to affix a causation from beaches opening to # of cases is just not accurate unless you can trace ALL those cases back to people who visited the beach. Can you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville