Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 08:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,662 times

Advertisements

Relocating to St John's County from out-of-state in the next few months. We're already working with a realtor. We fell in love with Nocatee...Coastal Oaks is on the short list along with 20M.

For Coastal Oaks, what's the vibe in this gated community? Kids playing outside and riding bikes? Friendly neighbors taking walks? Activities?

We've lived in "dead" neighborhoods before and don't want to make that mistake again. We really want to be somewhere where our kids (middle school and highschooler) have plenty of other kids nearby.

If it wasn't for the COVID, we would've been out there already scouting the neighborhoods

TIA

Redlight
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 06:09 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Just about every planned community in St Johns Co is full of kids/families, Nocatee is no different. I think you'll enjoy it.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:23 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,911,200 times
My accountant lives there and loves it. He has young children too. We looked there before settling in PVB. It has its own amenities in addition to the Nocatee ones. Not sure if there is an extra HOA fee, I would think so because it has manned gates.

Old 05-20-2020, 01:47 PM

661 posts, read 867,522 times
Both Coastal Oaks and 20 Mile are great areas. One tip, if you move to Nocatee, try to ignore the facebook pages and Nextdoor social media. It's chock full of people complaining ALL THE TIME. First world problems like whose kid is playing by the lake, why is this guy parked in the street, why isn't the barista wearing a mask, whose poop is this in my yard and so on.

If you can block all that out of your life and focus on the real world which is this awesome little corner of the world, you'll love it.

Old 05-20-2020, 02:13 PM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Both Coastal Oaks and 20 Mile are great areas. One tip, if you move to Nocatee, try to ignore the facebook pages and Nextdoor social media. It's chock full of people complaining ALL THE TIME. First world problems like whose kid is playing by the lake, why is this guy parked in the street, why isn't the barista wearing a mask, whose poop is this in my yard and so on.

If you can block all that out of your life and focus on the real world which is this awesome little corner of the world, you'll love it.
Always the same idiots chiming in on Nextdoor complaining about reckless kids on golf carts, people speeding (as if those doing 100 mph+ are reading Nextdoor), how to navigate a circle, was that a gunshot or fireworks?, on and on and on....

I do read it for recommendations on various contractors but that's about it.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:08 AM

3 posts, read 3,662 times
Thanks everybody for the replies. Yeah...i’ve become weary of those forums where people just like to complain about everything. We’re excited for the adventure and change...we always make the best of wherever we go and it ends up fine. Hoping to call Nocatee home very soon.

Thanks,

Redlight

Old 05-21-2020, 06:34 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,360,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Always the same idiots chiming in on Nextdoor complaining about reckless kids on golf carts, people speeding (as if those doing 100 mph+ are reading Nextdoor), how to navigate a circle, was that a gunshot or fireworks?, on and on and on....

I do read it for recommendations on various contractors but that's about it.
Don't forget dog poop, bicycling safety and now the complaint du jour is about people not wearing masks.

I listed one single complaint this year and it was about a neighbor feeding an alligator and that neighbor came on and compared my complaint to sticking a burning cross in his yard. Can't make this stuff up.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:00 AM

1,559 posts, read 2,151,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Don't forget dog poop
And is it really necessary to post pics of said poop?! I think I know what they look like at this point in my life.

Old 05-21-2020, 08:37 AM

6,414 posts, read 4,911,200 times
I think the OP was inquiring in anyone had firsthand knowledge of Coastal Oaks. I know 2 families with young children that live there and are pleased. IMHO having its own amenities plus being gated with a live guard is a big plus relative to the rest of Nocatee. You have to share the public facilities which get more crowded every year, but at least you have your own for just your community.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:22 AM

99 posts, read 166,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Don't forget dog poop, bicycling safety and now the complaint du jour is about people not wearing masks.

I listed one single complaint this year and it was about a neighbor feeding an alligator and that neighbor came on and compared my complaint to sticking a burning cross in his yard. Can't make this stuff up.

Oh, LORD. Feeding an alligator? Like... do you mean throwing food directly to one? Was that from a retention pond or something?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville