Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2020, 09:20 AM

12 posts, read 17,084 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Definitely use this site for answers to questions often and am appreciative of the answers especially when I have move. I have been looking and not finding what I'm looking for for this question. The short version is: I have been saving for quite some time and will finally be able to buy my dream car soon. This is the car I dreamt about as a kid but never thought I would ever be able to get to a point of actually owning it. It will end up being my daily driver. Just curious about problems of having a really nice car in Jacksonville without having to worry about it being vandalized or anything else. I been living here for about 8 months and spend good amount of time in the Ponte Vedra area and downtown. I like it here quite a bit so for, people seem to be very nice, and the city looks beautiful at night but I'm still learning the dos and and don'ts. What advice do you guys have??

Thank you very much in advance

Last edited by NonStationary; 06-13-2020 at 10:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 01:51 PM

3,337 posts, read 7,120,348 times
I'm from the Jacksonville hood, and people have nice cars in the ghetto but the funds used are often from illegal means. You can have a nice car in Jacksonville, but don't go cruising the ghetto or you run the risk of being jacked.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:23 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Chances are you will put a lot of miles on it if it's your daily driver, Jacksonville is the largest city in the U.S. and very spread out, something to consider. Also, think about auto insurance, rates here are sky high and if you're purchasing a high end car, your auto insurance premiums could be very high as well. If your car is garage-kept, I doubt anything bad would happen to it, just keep it fully insured and don't leave it in questionable areas.

Old 06-17-2020, 05:16 PM

22,334 posts, read 29,432,497 times
What kind of car are we talking about?

Old 06-19-2020, 08:46 AM

7 posts, read 4,957 times
Get a SAFE vehicle but not necessarily a new one. Insurance rates are ridiculous and the driving is even more ridiculous. So many accidents and thefts all over the first coast. Also everything is 82727 miles away so it should be mechanically sound but definitely expect to rack up high miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: