Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 10:48 AM

7 posts, read 18,969 times

Advertisements

I'm a reader of the forum but need some help deciding what place to build between SilverLeaf and Beacon Lake in St johns.

I'm looking to build with Dream Finders they have the same floor plan in both communities. In Silverleaf the same floor plan is more expensive but Beacon Lake CDD fees will bring total monthly payment to around the same as SilverLeaf.

This is what I got:

Silverleaf

Pros:
9B access
Future First Coast Expressway access
Current retail very close (Publix, etc.)
Future SilverLeaf Town Center inside community (Golf Cart / Walking Distance)
Proposed K-8 School and High Schools near and inside community
Lower HOA fee compare to CDD Fee from Beacon Lake

Cons:
Just started first phase of construction, a lot of Construction left for the next 5 to 8 Years
Huge development less "Neighborhood feel"
Floor Plan and Lot premium more expensive than Beacon Lake (Higher Mortgage Payment)

Beacon Lake

Pros:
Proposed K-8 School inside community
Smaller more "Neighborhood feel" and less crowded amenities
Floor Plan and Lot Premium lower than Silverleaf (Lower Mortgage Payment)
Future Retail (Beachwalk and Fountains at St. Johns)

Cons:
High CDD Fees vs Silverleaf HOA
Current and Future Country Rd 210 Construction
Current retail not as close (~10 min publix, etc.) compare to Silverleaf
K-8 School increase traffic inside community from non-residents.

I appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or insights regarding these two communities.

Also if anyone is looking to learn more about either community and searches google maybe this post will help them. That's how I first found out about this great forum around two years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2020, 05:29 PM

78 posts, read 89,534 times
FYI, Publix is going in at Beacon Lake

Old 02-25-2020, 05:42 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartramBuck View Post
Silverleaf has the 210 Publix more or less in their neighborhood as well. In fact, there is a probably now a Publix every 5 to 7 miles now in every direction.

Old 02-25-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Good to know. Thanks!

Old 02-27-2020, 02:29 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joruni View Post
I'm a reader of the forum but need some help deciding what place to build between SilverLeaf and Beacon Lake in St johns.

I'm looking to build with Dream Finders they have the same floor plan in both communities. In Silverleaf the same floor plan is more expensive but Beacon Lake CDD fees will bring total monthly payment to around the same as SilverLeaf.

This is what I got:

Silverleaf

Pros:
9B access
Future First Coast Expressway access
Current retail very close (Publix, etc.)
Future SilverLeaf Town Center inside community (Golf Cart / Walking Distance)
Proposed K-8 School and High Schools near and inside community
Lower HOA fee compare to CDD Fee from Beacon Lake

Cons:
Just started first phase of construction, a lot of Construction left for the next 5 to 8 Years
Huge development less "Neighborhood feel"
Floor Plan and Lot premium more expensive than Beacon Lake (Higher Mortgage Payment)

Beacon Lake

Pros:
Proposed K-8 School inside community
Smaller more "Neighborhood feel" and less crowded amenities
Floor Plan and Lot Premium lower than Silverleaf (Lower Mortgage Payment)
Future Retail (Beachwalk and Fountains at St. Johns)

Cons:
High CDD Fees vs Silverleaf HOA
Current and Future Country Rd 210 Construction
Current retail not as close (~10 min publix, etc.) compare to Silverleaf
K-8 School increase traffic inside community from non-residents.

I appreciate if anyone has any thoughts or insights regarding these two communities.

Also if anyone is looking to learn more about either community and searches google maybe this post will help them. That's how I first found out about this great forum around two years ago.
I vote for Beacon Lakes. They use better subcontractors in there.

SS

Old 02-29-2020, 07:27 AM

78 posts, read 89,534 times
I believe you will not find a great answer on here for which is better. Silver JUST started. BL started about a year ago. Silver leaf has “old 210” business near it. BL will be closer to the “newer stuff”. Right now the 210 expansion is a mess near BL. But will be significantly improved by years end. BL will have commercial going vertical this year. SL will have its own stuff in years to come. I ultimately think SL will be a nicer community per se when viewed in a vacuum, but BL will be a great place to live because what is around it, plus it’s about 15 minutes closer to the beach. So know one can give you a decisive answer because these places are so new and 20 years ago 210 only had truck stops! Hope that helps in some way.

Old 03-02-2020, 06:37 AM

9,386 posts, read 8,356,698 times
A lot of this is still very much unknown as both are in the early stages of development. BL is more built out but currently in an area with very little retail. Silverleaf is going to be enormous, nearly the size of Nocatee so I suspect those who move in early will not be able to enjoy all of the retail and such that will eventually come in afterwards. Take it from those of us who've moved to the area in the past 5-10 years, they build houses here first, then the retail comes in and in comes in at a snail's pace due to the high rents they are asking here.

I would not base a decision as to where to buy based on proximity to the beach as both of these are less than 25 mins to the nearest beach. And while you think you will be hitting the beach 5 days a week, the reality is you won't and you shouldn't be basing the biggest financial decision of your life on what would amount to potentially a few extra minutes in a car every other week.

Old 03-02-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
I believe you will not find a great answer on here for which is better. Silver JUST started. BL started about a year ago. Silver leaf has “old 210” business near it. BL will be closer to the “newer stuff”. Right now the 210 expansion is a mess near BL. But will be significantly improved by years end. BL will have commercial going vertical this year. SL will have its own stuff in years to come. I ultimately think SL will be a nicer community per se when viewed in a vacuum, but BL will be a great place to live because what is around it, plus it’s about 15 minutes closer to the beach. So know one can give you a decisive answer because these places are so new and 20 years ago 210 only had truck stops! Hope that helps in some way.
Thanks for the input!

Old 03-02-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
A lot of this is still very much unknown as both are in the early stages of development. BL is more built out but currently in an area with very little retail. Silverleaf is going to be enormous, nearly the size of Nocatee so I suspect those who move in early will not be able to enjoy all of the retail and such that will eventually come in afterwards. Take it from those of us who've moved to the area in the past 5-10 years, they build houses here first, then the retail comes in and in comes in at a snail's pace due to the high rents they are asking here.

I would not base a decision as to where to buy based on proximity to the beach as both of these are less than 25 mins to the nearest beach. And while you think you will be hitting the beach 5 days a week, the reality is you won't and you shouldn't be basing the biggest financial decision of your life on what would amount to potentially a few extra minutes in a car every other week.
Thanks for the input! I appreciate the retail info. I didn't think about the amount of time it would take.

Old 03-23-2020, 04:46 PM

11 posts, read 12,223 times
We almost bought in BL one of the last lots that were walking distance to amenities...Just go see it several times and put yourself in situation where in warm weather all the people living there are in the pool area. With only 1 smaller lap pool for adults. Yes there is a very cool big splash area for kids but not much for adults but gym was nice. With building of next phase development there will be townhomes too - I see even more crowded community. We liked the fact that kids could bike to school -but homes in our budget were super close to each other, were not open concept as we wanted with small yard not much of privacy or no privacy at all (you see neighbors everywhere). Nocatee would be better bang for the bucks if you are paying CDD fees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville