U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2020, 10:12 AM

6 posts, read 1,868 times

Advertisements

Hello, I’m looking for a list of neighborhoods that I can find houses with garages and still be close to the downtown area. I see Orange Park and Mandarin area are nice but just too far from the center and a tad bit boring. At the same time I see the urban core area as too close together/on top of each other for my taste. I would like to be a stones throw away from the vibrant areas but still have my space and tranquility. Looking for that special in between. And also be a decent safe neighborhood.

Examples of what I mean when talking about other cities in Florida are:
1. The roads/Shenandoah area of Miami
2. The Oakland Park/Wilton Manors area of Ft. Lauderdale
3. The South Tampa area Of Tampa

Would the Englewood/Spring Park area be the equivalent of what I am looking for? (Near Englewood high school)

Your input is greatly appreciated.
Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM

4,443 posts, read 13,120,209 times
Tall order!

Look up the neighborhoods of Ortega, San Marco, Riverside, Avondale. Maybe what you're looking for?

Old Today, 09:51 PM

7,028 posts, read 7,696,154 times
Yeah it's hard to know exactly what you're going for. I have passing familiarity of those neighborhoods you mentioned and nothing exactly jumps out.

I'd personally choose South San Marco, which still gives you some of the perks of the San Marco neighborhood including being a "stone's throw" from the urban core amenities, but is less dense, homes are much more likely to have garages, and it is a bit safer (though north San Marco isn't unsafe). It's also quite pricey.

In addition to the places mawipafl mentioned (which are all streetcar suburbs of the original city of Jax), you might look at: Fairfax - small neighborhood adjacent to Ortega and more affordable
Lakewood - just south of San Marco but still close to downtown and pretty affordable and less dense
St Nicholas - just east of San Marco and same...cheaper, slightly less dense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or