Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 06:59 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreatlife View Post
Now I'm confused. You have to hire your own engineer to come out and tell you if your pond is eligible? @ $500, that would take a lot of time add up all those $12.00 savings. Or if you apply for the discount, does the city come out at no expense to you?
My PM said it should be in the HOAs paper work that the retention ponds are "certified"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2008, 08:28 AM

9,367 posts, read 25,212,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
My PM said it should be in the HOAs paper work that the retention ponds are "certified"
It may be in some, but not in ours and we don't have a permit on file with SJWMD. Our developer folded after sticking it to the owners in many ways. But that is why the civil engineer will need to certify our lake.

Still trying to figure out what all the questions are before I get the answers. They aren't making it easy. With so many properties with ponds and no certs, do ya think they would have shared this info with us in, say, January?

Old 05-08-2008, 08:32 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,025,035 times
Surprisingly, our ponds appear to be certified. I at least was able to find the permit number. They do not make it easy, that's for sure, but you all have given us some very valuable info. I'm off to speak with the other board members about pursuing rebates for all the HOA

Old 05-09-2008, 02:42 PM

Default Don't Pay Until Labor Day has legs!

The progressive AM talk radio station 1460 has taken up the call- Don't Pay Until Labor Day! Andy Johnson is calling for a full repeal and I called in with the plan and then sent him an e-mail.

If you'd like to call to discuss these fees, a TV station is taping the calls right now. 854-1460

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
Do not pay until Labor Day

Duval County residents have an opportunity to voice our displeasure at the shortsightedness shown by elected officials in the way the new solid waste and stormwater fees have been implemented. By withholding payment of the fee until Labor Day, we can send a silent protest in the lack of foresight shown by our leaders. For about a quarter, the cost of the 1% per month late fee assessed on the new fee, residents have an opportunity to send a message to our elected officials that it is time that sound business practices be put into place in the governance of Jacksonville.

This fee could have been included in our JEA bill, saving tens of thousands of dollars in production, postage and processing fees. How much was spent in producing the invoice and the two envelopes used for this fee? How much postage at a cost of 31 cents per mailing has been spent and will be spent in sending overdue notices? How many staff hours will be spent processing these payments?

Let them know that we are fed up with the way that Jacksonville is being governed. Do not pay until Labor Day.

Old 05-09-2008, 03:31 PM

272 posts, read 1,001,342 times
Quote:
The progressive AM talk radio station 1460 has taken up the call- Don't Pay Until Labor Day! Andy Johnson is calling for a full repeal and I called in with the plan and then sent him an e-mail.

If you'd like to call to discuss these fees, a TV station is taping the calls right now. 854-1460
You should also send a letter into the Times Union.
Also, you should see if you can get in touch with Neal Boortz. As I am sure most are aware, he's big into the Fair Tax, and I think his wife might be from J-ville?

Hey..if we don't pay the fee, does that mean the city won't collect our stormwater?

Old 05-09-2008, 11:35 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Riv
From what our PM told me the retention pond has to be certified by the St Johns River Mgt
...and along with the permits that would had to have been pulled, I would expect that every development would have needed SJRMD's stamp of approval before diverting water.......

It just seems like the city is requiring the work to be done AGAIN and at the expense of citizens - either individually or collectively.

I don't want to wait for my HOA to get themselves together and figure this out, and I'm not going to pay $500 myself to repeat work that was done just a few years ago . And on another property, there isn't an HOA at all, and I'm not paying $500 there either.........where's the break-even point on these engineering reports at $500 a pop??!!

See what happens when you let a fifth grader set up your new city program....that's who put this together, right? It could not have been an adult .

Old 05-10-2008, 07:57 PM

I can't believe that you be so disrespectful to fifth graders, Riveree!

Old 05-10-2008, 10:23 PM

8,200 posts, read 35,458,139 times
Quote:
I can't believe that you be so disrespectful to fifth graders, Riveree!
Oh yeah, sorry fifth graders, you could have pulled something better together than city hall did on this one .

Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM

16 posts, read 41,620 times
Default What about Renters?

What if you rent a house?

1) Who GETS the bill? The ONE living in that house, just like the rest of the utility bills, or the one who OWNS the house?

2) Who is responsible for PAYING the bill? Me, or do I send it to my landlord?

On the one hand, since I'm the one USING the house and utilities, it seems like I have to pay. But on the other, I don't own it, so why am I paying?

Old 05-12-2008, 10:45 AM

859 posts, read 3,617,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Properties View Post
What if you rent a house?

1) Who GETS the bill? The ONE living in that house, just like the rest of the utility bills, or the one who OWNS the house?

2) Who is responsible for PAYING the bill? Me, or do I send it to my landlord?

On the one hand, since I'm the one USING the house and utilities, it seems like I have to pay. But on the other, I don't own it, so why am I paying?
Sounds like just another part of utility bill. So you and the land owner will have to figure that out. If you're paying for water and electricity bills, then likely you're paying this one too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville