Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-04-2008, 05:33 PM

168 posts, read 392,015 times

Advertisements

My husband is an IT Business Consultant, on the road most of the time. I know Jax is a mecca for IT business and we are looking at Jax for a college home for our two sons...

Anyone know anyone who knows anyone who has good company info for IT Business consultant opportunities?

Would appreciate any info!

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2008, 07:32 AM

1,641 posts, read 5,008,783 times
Is he looking for contract work or full time employee? I've only heard the term "business consultant" used @ JPMorgan Chase. There are several big banks in Jax where he may be able to find jobs, however, Citibank is in deep doodoo right now, and they are in another round of cutbacks. JPMorgan Chase has a big mortgage division in Jax, but I don't know if they are hiring right now. There's also BofA, but they are slowly moving a lot of their IT up north (I think it's to NC). And Wachovia.

I think it's rather difficult to get into these companies unless you have good contacts. You might have a better time trying to come in as a contractor first. I do know of a few consulting firms that work with Citi folks, DM me if you want some contact information. Just know that most consulting firms aren't going to call you unless they have something for you. They certainly don't go out of their way to try and get you placed.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:03 PM

41 posts, read 131,633 times
Also, Merrill Lynch and Blue Cross/Blue Shield would be good places to contact. As for JPMC, I work there and we are not hiring IT types, but anyone with Underwriting exp, they are looking for. Believe it or not, we can not handle all of the business that is coming our way....I do not know why.

Zel

Old 05-06-2008, 02:05 PM

702 posts, read 2,176,777 times
My best advice would be goto Dice.com - Job Search for Technology Professionals
It is a site for Technical job listings only.

Old 05-06-2008, 03:39 PM

276 posts, read 1,130,948 times
Floridaherbgirl,

monster.com, dice.com and yahoo hotjobs are the few job sites to look at. Also, add CSX company to your list.

Doing a basic search on these websites, you will find the few consulting companies that are here.

In my opinion, jax is NOT an IT hub. There is not much scope for an IT professional here. Again this depends on what areas he is working on.

Mostly there are banks, call centers and insurance companies here who need IT folks to handle their systems and the IT business folks to design them.
And another important piece is the salary, I haven't seen any really good salary ranges here.

I would also recommend looking at charlotte, NC area and the Research Triangle Park, NC area.

good luck

Old 05-06-2008, 04:15 PM

1,641 posts, read 5,008,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy_sk View Post
... And another important piece is the salary, I haven't seen any really good salary ranges here.
I dunno, I think I have to disagree. I worked for both Citi & JPMC in IT and I had excellent salaries at both companies, and very very good bonuses. The benefits were good too, although each year they seemed to decrease. Friends of mine in IT at all the other companies mentioned also have excellent salaries.

Old 05-07-2008, 01:07 PM

754 posts, read 2,803,222 times
I'm friends with a great IT headhunter. DM me if you want her contact info.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville