Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2020, 05:50 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone....it's still too early to publish my 2021 list of the best builders in NE Florida, however, there is a "new" builder that will be on the list that isn't really a "new" builder, but rather a commercial builder of multimillion dollar projects that is now beginning it's residential division.

FaverGray is company which you may recognize from their huge multi-family apartment and student housing projects throughout Florida.

They are right now focused on finding lots and building homes in the beaches area, so if you are looking for a solid company to build your home, I can confidently guide you towards this company as they are completely quality focused. There main office is located in Jacksonville Beach.

SS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2020, 08:27 AM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the full list.

Old 12-02-2020, 07:02 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Thanks for the info! Looking forward to the full list.
It's going to be very short this time around.

Old 12-06-2020, 06:36 AM

237 posts, read 283,208 times
I look forward to it!

Old 12-21-2020, 06:23 PM

14 posts, read 17,364 times
I can tell you who not to use Dreamfinders, absolutely terrible home builder.

Old 12-24-2020, 10:03 AM

20 posts, read 27,598 times
What did you not like about Dreamfinders?

Old 12-28-2020, 12:58 PM

5 posts, read 6,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Hey everyone....it's still too early to publish my 2021 list of the best builders in NE Florida, however, there is a "new" builder that will be on the list that isn't really a "new" builder, but rather a commercial builder of multimillion dollar projects that is now beginning it's residential division.

FaverGray is company which you may recognize from their huge multi-family apartment and student housing projects throughout Florida.

They are right now focused on finding lots and building homes in the beaches area, so if you are looking for a solid company to build your home, I can confidently guide you towards this company as they are completely quality focused. There main office is located in Jacksonville Beach.

SS
@ Shakenstirred , and Ajax 1: Is dreamfinders especially their construction in Beacon Lake ok? I’m interested in this community but found negative reviews on their design center charging excessive dollars if requesting changes even before permit getting pulled. Also saw pictures of AC pipe drains are not glued together and kept leaking inside walls and discovered couple years after build is complete. I’m looking for a second home and so concerned to build with them. Prices are sky rocketing and not sure if this will be good investment.

Old 12-30-2020, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,356 times
So looking forward to your 2021 list, ShakenStirred. Would you consider a second list, one that focuses on custom and semi-custom builders and design-build firms. I was impressed by Riverside Homes and Glenn Layton on my two trips down to the Jacksonville/Fernandina Beach area but had no time to see/visit others. Thanks for all your posts! That comment about that Zip house wrap system (can't remember exact name) and using their certified installers was very helpful. Was looking at homes in Atlantic Beach CC about 3 months prior to that post.

Old 01-10-2021, 06:10 PM

Default I have a list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudbury Farms View Post
What did you not like about Dreamfinders?
- poor build quality specifically drywall, framing. Crooked walls in every room of the home but 2. Previous drywall repairs evident on a few walls
- paint work has to be redone 2x. Exterior has weird concrete residue all over the walls,garage door and patio
- irrigation system was watering the street and neighbors yard vs my own. busted line in 2 areas also found
-shower keeps getting backed up as well at kitchen,bathroom sinks. Drainage issue
-home was never pressure washed or cleaned properly. closing day workers still present while we were moving
-option center was a joke (4 hours of super high pressure sales) 250/hr afterwards
-main shower has granite that is stained and cut incorrectly, very bad fit and severe gap
- kitchen and bathroom cabinets are damaged from subcontractors
- NO return emails from ANYONE in management

I will say the issues are being handled but the lack of detail has been terrible.
This is approx half of our issues and from the top of my head, msg me for mine and neighbors complete list of issues. I’m definitely not new to a new home home build but this has been a complete joke. David Weekly was much better!!

Old 01-10-2021, 06:14 PM

Default Beacon lakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joja187 View Post
@ Shakenstirred , and Ajax 1: Is dreamfinders especially their construction in Beacon Lake ok? I’m interested in this community but found negative reviews on their design center charging excessive dollars if requesting changes even before permit getting pulled. Also saw pictures of AC pipe drains are not glued together and kept leaking inside walls and discovered couple years after build is complete. I’m looking for a second home and so concerned to build with them. Prices are sky rocketing and not sure if this will be good investment.
Beautiful neighborhood but DON’T GO WITH DREAMFINDERS! Toll Brother are now building in the neighborhood and I’d recommend looking at them. I live here so I’m speaking from experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville