Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2020, 04:54 PM

315 posts, read 358,791 times

Advertisements

We just arrived a few weeks ago and have started to seriously look for a home.
We're in the market for 1600-1800 sf 3/2 w/garage on a 40 or more lot. Our max price is $400k to $450k.

A few questions about the area...

- There are quite a few homes with Stucco exteriors. I've read this could be a problem. Should we stay away from Stucco altogether or are there different types that are acceptable ?

- Some areas of Nocatee are in Duval. Should this deter us from purchasing in these areas ? How would this affect resale ?

- Many home builders currently in Nocatee are not on Shaken's list of recommended builders. We'd much prefer to stick with the recommended list, though this does eliminate quite a few areas that we liked. We're hoping some of the following are back on for 2021.

West End - David Weekley and Providence
Timberland Ridge - ICI Homes
Pioneer Village at Crosswater - David Weekley and Providence
Anthem Ridge- ICI Homes and Toll Brothers
Liberty Cove -Providence Homes

And then there's 'Del Webb Nocatee' which is Pulte, though the gated entrance and high(er) HOA fee did put us off.

We're open to pre-existing though it seems, at least for now, there isn't much available.

Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2021, 04:26 PM

283 posts, read 581,278 times
It may be a bit above the price range but toll brothers has townhomes being built in the cross water area. Franklin something

Old 01-26-2021, 08:43 AM

6,388 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Del Webb is 55+ and for those higher HOA fees you get an awesome Amenity Center with lots of activities.

Old 01-26-2021, 12:09 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
We just arrived a few weeks ago and have started to seriously look for a home.
We're in the market for 1600-1800 sf 3/2 w/garage on a 40 or more lot. Our max price is $400k to $450k.

A few questions about the area...

- There are quite a few homes with Stucco exteriors. I've read this could be a problem. Should we stay away from Stucco altogether or are there different types that are acceptable ?

- Some areas of Nocatee are in Duval. Should this deter us from purchasing in these areas ? How would this affect resale ?

- Many home builders currently in Nocatee are not on Shaken's list of recommended builders. We'd much prefer to stick with the recommended list, though this does eliminate quite a few areas that we liked. We're hoping some of the following are back on for 2021.

West End - David Weekley and Providence
Timberland Ridge - ICI Homes
Pioneer Village at Crosswater - David Weekley and Providence
Anthem Ridge- ICI Homes and Toll Brothers
Liberty Cove -Providence Homes

And then there's 'Del Webb Nocatee' which is Pulte, though the gated entrance and high(er) HOA fee did put us off.

We're open to pre-existing though it seems, at least for now, there isn't much available.

Thanks...
Stay away from stucco. It cracks and leaks by nature, and absorbs moisture, which is then directed into the home by way of thermal diffusion. In all the Construction defect cases I've consulted on, all involve stucco. None involve siding or brick, thus far. Most of the stucco done in NE FLorida was done wrong, simple as that. That's why most builders have stopped using it.

If you meet the age restrictions, I highly encourage Pulte/Del Webb. If not, maybe check out Drees Homes in Oxford Estates. Fairly close to Nocatee.

Old 01-26-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmommyq View Post
It may be a bit above the price range but toll brothers has townhomes being built in the cross water area. Franklin something
Yes we saw Franklin Square, I believe they are in the Mid $300's. Though we're really not interested on townhouses.

Old 01-26-2021, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Del Webb is 55+ and for those higher HOA fees you get an awesome Amenity Center with lots of activities.
Dell Webb is definitely in our top three, though the high(er) HOA ($210/mo) is a bit of a put off. On the other hand they are on SS's list this year and last which is a big plus. That and their designs are some of the nicest we've seen.

What I don't get though is what is the reason for a guarded gate ? It's Nocatee.

I'm on their mailing list and just received an email that they will be opening their phase II section in Feb. which looks nice. They have some water view lots in their Classic Series back there.

Old 01-26-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Stay away from stucco. It cracks and leaks by nature, and absorbs moisture, which is then directed into the home by way of thermal diffusion. In all the Construction defect cases I've consulted on, all involve stucco. None involve siding or brick, thus far. Most of the stucco done in NE FLorida was done wrong, simple as that. That's why most builders have stopped using it.

If you meet the age restrictions, I highly encourage Pulte/Del Webb. If not, maybe check out Drees Homes in Oxford Estates. Fairly close to Nocatee.
Yes as I mentioned to Thundarr Del Webb is definitely in our top three. And they're on your list which is a big plus.

Thanks for Oxford Estates, we'll definitely check that out. We're also waiting for more information on Settler's Landing a new community which will be just west of Del Web Nocatee. They're set for early spring 2021 and the builders so far will be David Weekley Homes, Dostie Homes, ICI Homes, Providence Homes, Riverside Homes and Toll Brothers.

So we have Dostie in Settler's Landing and Pulte in Del Webb.

Old 02-25-2021, 11:09 AM

2 posts, read 4,299 times
I have been watching resales and trying to match up years built with SS's list from that year. It can be tough to keep track who was doing quality work in which years...haha!

Old 02-28-2021, 09:51 AM

6,388 posts, read 4,896,864 times
There is a building moratorium with most of the builders. Anything in Nocatee is going to be low to mid 400's if you can find something. The market here is incendiary with houses going with multiple offers in a day or 2. Prices have skyrocketed and demand is off the charts. I know because we are looking for our daughter and we saw many things in the past few days. Good luck.

Old 02-28-2021, 11:54 AM

13 posts, read 11,311 times
We are building one of the last lots in Timberland with ICI....we have lived in the SJC for 15 years and are now empty nester-ish (one in college). We don't mind being in Duval now that we don't have school age children. Would not recommend Duval side to people with children (I am a Duval teacher).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville