Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2020, 06:00 PM

6 posts, read 7,516 times

Advertisements

It seems anywhere one can try to sign up for an appointment to get the Covid-19 vaccine is full. I heard wait times for "first come first served" places can be 9 to 15 hours?

Does anyone know where (anywhere!) in Florida one can sign up for an appointment?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2021, 05:54 AM

469 posts, read 467,079 times
I don't think there us any queue you can log into. In our county (Sarasota).we just have to keep checking the EverBrite website to see if there is any openings. It's a screwed up way to operate but that seems to be the best they can offer at this time. I think it's going to take quite a bit of time before the vaccine becomes available to everyone. I don't even think they've gotten all the first responders vaccinated yet.

Old 01-01-2021, 07:40 AM

5,203 posts, read 6,142,795 times
I am definitely not trying to throw stones but with the unemployment application process fiasco we had here in Florida I would have thought the state of Florida would have had a game plan rolled out for vaccine distribution.

It certainly doesn’t help here in Jacksonville with the local news showing helicopter shots of long lines of cars and reporting 4 hour waits to get the vaccine along with people showing up without appointments.

You have to report the news but with human nature and how COVID-19 led to panic buying of paper goods and foods it is only obvious that this same type of hysteria is going to turn the vaccine process into a free for all.

My parents have passed so I can’t ask them but from what I remember in the early sixties without social media and the internet my parents took me to the next town over on a Sunday and I was administered the Polio vaccine in a high school auditorium. No crowds, no long lines, no wait time.

I hope everything gets sorted out in the next few weeks and the vaccine process becomes a lot smoother. I would hate to see the confusion and unorganized process continue on especially when it comes time for those who receive it now will have to return for their second application.

Old 01-02-2021, 07:49 AM

78 posts, read 89,577 times
I love Desantis, will vote for him in every election he ever runs in again as he has kept Florida open so we can chose how we run our lives, BUT....

We KNEW this vaccine would eventually be available. The plan to roll this out should have been in place MONTHS ago. This is a disgrace and a disaster of epic proportions. That plan HAD to be installed. There was ample time to make that happen and was a failure of leadership at the highest level.

But I am so grateful for Desantis letting me chose how to live my life why these other tyrants close their states and don’t even follow their own rules they set.

Thank you Desantis, but this is a massive black eye. It happens, as long as you learn from it before running in 2024 for President!

Old 01-02-2021, 08:04 AM

9,396 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Yesterday neighbors here reported waiting in the first come, first serve line for the vaccine over 8 hours only to get turned away. Apparently, on top of waiting in that line, there is only ONE single port-a-potty that is located way at the front of the line for all of the hundreds (thousands?) of cars and healthcare workers. These are mostly senior citizens who were forced to walk to the front of the line (two miles long) to use the facilities. Some people made appointments while others just showed up and apparently they're just giving shots to anyone/everyone, so even if you had an appointment you likely could not get in.

This is after they set up this "hotline" which was a single local phone number that was so jammed up 99% of callers could not get through.

This morning, the news showed the line that is probably now twice as long with folks who have literally camped out overnight.

"Failure" does not even begin to describe this. The Governor should have had a plan in place many long months ago. I'm not sure how you can praise him for how he's handled the pandemic and then turn around and say he's not handling this well.....you could argue THIS is the most important aspect, the vaccine rollout. This is what will save lives and get us all back to some normalcy.

I checked with friends in other states and they aren't having nearly the issues we are. Seems to be a Florida thing, which isn't surprising at all. Shameful.

Old 01-02-2021, 10:46 AM

3,237 posts, read 3,196,331 times
In Florida, each county has determined how to roll out the vaccine. In Alachua, for those 65 and older, the county put on its FB page a link to be put on the list for appointments.

I am not on FB, but got an email from the county with the link to be placed on the list. It will probably be awhile but at least I’ve started the first step.

The counties that set up first come, first served were idiots IMHO. Even restaurants take reservations. Jeez.

Old 02-12-2021, 05:06 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,260,804 times
I've been trying to get a vaccine for weeks. Can't get on the list. Tried calling (from Broward County) recently at 6am with no reply. Waiting, waiting, waiting. (Over 65) Then I read that Sam's Club and Walmart and Publix are giving out vaccinations, but no -- openings. I did find out, however, that if I live in one county, I can go to another county for vaccine. Still no appointments that I could find available.

Old 02-13-2021, 04:23 AM

78 posts, read 89,577 times
A Publix in St Johns had more supply than demand this week. That will be the trend more and more. Now w Walmart starting any day now, you’ll absolutely be able to get an appointment this week or next.

Old 02-13-2021, 06:44 PM

220 posts, read 1,109,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartramBuck View Post
I love Desantis, will vote for him in every election he ever runs in again as he has kept Florida open so we can chose how we run our lives, BUT....

We KNEW this vaccine would eventually be available. The plan to roll this out should have been in place MONTHS ago. This is a disgrace and a disaster of epic proportions. That plan HAD to be installed. There was ample time to make that happen and was a failure of leadership at the highest level.

But I am so grateful for Desantis letting me chose how to live my life why these other tyrants close their states and don’t even follow their own rules they set.

Thank you Desantis, but this is a massive black eye. It happens, as long as you learn from it before running in 2024 for President!
I'll trade you. Here in Virginia the vaccine rollout is a joke. My 89 yo mother is still waiting even though she registered early on. My 22 yo niece who lives in NoVa has been given both shots, honestly it is a free for all, with the health dept blaming CVS, CVS blaming the state, the governor blaming the feds, LOL. Thinking of driving into West VA to see if I can get my mother vaccinated there. What a mess!

Old 02-17-2021, 02:13 PM

8,950 posts, read 20,372,776 times
Well, here in northern Colorado, my wife got her #1 last week at a local hospital and I got my #1 last Saturday at local VA Clinic.

Anyway, we already know how things can be in Jacksonville. We lived there for 10 1/2 years, before returning to Colorado.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville