Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 09:03 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Ruth Chris was packed? In the middle of a pandemic?
OH THE HORROR!!

LoL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2021, 09:09 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigPlantWeed View Post
Wow. Ugly.
Truth hurts sometimes. Maybe the internet isn't for you. Or Ponte Vedra Beach, FL. Our state rocks because of our conservative values and government. If that bothers you that we'd like to keep our vibrance that way, that's a problem within yourself, not the rest of us. You can always move to CA and live in your echo chamber.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:40 AM

661 posts, read 867,168 times
I think the point was - people aren't only moving here because it's sunny and has beaches. Florida is great because it has great leadership. These leaders are voted into their positions. You can't look at Florida and say wow look at how great it is. I sure would like to move there. Then you move here, go to the polls and just instinctively check each and every box that has a 'D' on it.

The last D that ran for Florida Govnr was so angry that he lost, he decided to rent a hotel with some male hookers, get naked, take meth and drink himself into a drunken mess and laid in his own vomit. Yet people still shake their fists at our current govnr for opening schools, opening businesses, letting seniors get vaccines first and so on. They still think Florida would be better had the other guy won! ok no more ranting from me.

Old 04-21-2021, 08:40 AM

396 posts, read 417,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigPlantWeed View Post
Wow. So, the friendly laid back folks of St John's County don't want anyone to express an opinion unless they agree with their conservative neighbors? Anyone who doesn't think like them is a "refugee" and if they dare express their thoughts they are a "missionary." So, not a welcoming place at all, you mean?
Not to those who wish to use their vote to change the family friendly, pro-America dynamic that you'll find here.

Old 04-22-2021, 11:04 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
This thread makes me want to sell my million dollar house in NY surrounded by insane liberals, and move to PVB asap.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:36 PM

661 posts, read 867,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
This thread makes me want to sell my million dollar house in NY surrounded by insane liberals, and move to PVB asap.
Now why in the heck would you want to live on the ocean, have A rated public schools, lower taxes, lower crime, walk around without a mask, go to a concert, eat in a restaurant, go to disney?

I have to warn you though. There's no good pizza (according to grownups that actually eat pizza).

Old 04-23-2021, 06:13 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Now why in the heck would you want to live on the ocean, have A rated public schools, lower taxes, lower crime, walk around without a mask, go to a concert, eat in a restaurant, go to disney?

I have to warn you though. There's no good pizza (according to grownups that actually eat pizza).

NYC pizza is highly overrated.
An all the good resturants I like are either shut down, or you have to sit in a little enclosed outdoor shack with no air circulation (because liberal science), and pay top dollar for that ghetto experience.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:30 AM

1,888 posts, read 1,184,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
NYC pizza is highly overrated.
An all the good resturants I like are either shut down, or you have to sit in a little enclosed outdoor shack with no air circulation (because liberal science), and pay top dollar for that ghetto experience.
C'mon man we're bringing back the inside dining experience to the outside!

Old 04-23-2021, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 2,423 times
There’s life after Grimaldi’s.

Old 04-23-2021, 06:39 AM

3,318 posts, read 1,816,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I think the point was - people aren't only moving here because it's sunny and has beaches. Florida is great because it has great leadership. These leaders are voted into their positions. You can't look at Florida and say wow look at how great it is. I sure would like to move there. Then you move here, go to the polls and just instinctively check each and every box that has a 'D' on it.

The last D that ran for Florida Govnr was so angry that he lost, he decided to rent a hotel with some male hookers, get naked, take meth and drink himself into a drunken mess and laid in his own vomit. Yet people still shake their fists at our current govnr for opening schools, opening businesses, letting seniors get vaccines first and so on. They still think Florida would be better had the other guy won! ok no more ranting from me.
Wow! I live in SoFl and missed this completely!
He's headed for (or currently in) rehab.
Looks like we dodged a bullet.. a .357 magnum!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville