Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2021, 04:27 PM

15 posts, read 60,868 times

Advertisements

So we were not happy with a realtor we picked. She basically said nothing in Yulee under 350k which is not true so we are talking with others.

We are looking at some new builds and just wondering how necessary it is working with a realtor. Here are my thoughts.

I believe realtors are great when you are offering on existing homes and looking at things like concessions etc.

For a new build my husband spent many years in construction and he would watch the build.

Wondering if builders offer incentives for no realtor like they do with using their financing (I know to weigh all options)

Just trying to see where a realtor is good or necessary on a new build (inventory builder)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2021, 07:36 PM

25 posts, read 43,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan0731 View Post
So we were not happy with a realtor we picked. She basically said nothing in Yulee under 350k which is not true so we are talking with others.

We are looking at some new builds and just wondering how necessary it is working with a realtor. Here are my thoughts.

I believe realtors are great when you are offering on existing homes and looking at things like concessions etc.

For a new build my husband spent many years in construction and he would watch the build.

Wondering if builders offer incentives for no realtor like they do with using their financing (I know to weigh all options)

Just trying to see where a realtor is good or necessary on a new build (inventory builder)
It could definitely be done without a broker, especially, if you are spending the time to find the right location and new communities yourself on Zillow, etc... You could even hire a home inspection company for the build process which would be much better than a realtor as that is not their expertise. Of course, your husband will do the build inspection for your build. That said, we've felt more comfortable with a realtor on new builds but each time we've done it I've thought afterwards that I was fine on my own.

On youtube you can watch a lot of videos by Forbuyersonly which shows a lot of new builds and communities in St. Johns and they talk about how they work through their process on new builds and work for the buyer with each builder. We almost used them.

Old 03-21-2021, 09:05 PM

15 posts, read 60,868 times
Thanks. When I posted we were looking at one community specifically but still open to existing so will probably stay with just wondered. At the same time she's helped point out lower CDD areas I didn't know about.

Wondered if you save any not using one but does not seem so.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:35 AM

4,793 posts, read 5,963,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan0731 View Post

I honestly think you will be fine without a realtor if you are sticking to existing new construction subdivisions,

My biggest concerns would be where the school zones fall in place.

CDD's

HOA's

One of the models at Tributary told us they have irrigation meter's with each home which helps a lot as JEA is quite expensive. Another subdivision provides irrigation systems but no irrigation meter.

Build time

Some offer gas appliances with no option for electric, some offer both.

Things are changing quickly due to demand for housing here. Two new construction subdivisions that we know of just went from mid $200's to low $300's.

If you are going to be purchasing a lot, then finding an independent builder then an experienced knowledgeable realtor could be a great benefit.

Good luck and DM me if you have any questions.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,339 times
We are considering moving to the area and are visiting in a few weeks to look around. I personally would be more interested in a new build, but we are definitely open to purchasing and existing home. Can anyone recommend some realtors who could maybe guide us both in terms of buying an existing home and building a new one? We are looking at St John's County primarily because of the schools, but since we have not visited yet, we don't really know within that area where we would prefer. And I suppose we'd consider other areas too if we felt like the schools were great and that it was an overall great area where we don't have to spend quite as much as we may have to to be in St John's.

Ideally I would love a recommendation from someone who has gone through this process (moving from out of state, deciding between an existing home and building a new one) and has had a great experience with a particular agent/realtor.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 08-10-2022, 12:32 PM

2,558 posts, read 6,461,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillemot View Post
We are considering moving to the area and are visiting in a few weeks to look around. I personally would be more interested in a new build, but we are definitely open to purchasing and existing home. Can anyone recommend some realtors who could maybe guide us both in terms of buying an existing home and building a new one? We are looking at St John's County primarily because of the schools, but since we have not visited yet, we don't really know within that area where we would prefer. And I suppose we'd consider other areas too if we felt like the schools were great and that it was an overall great area where we don't have to spend quite as much as we may have to to be in St John's.

Ideally I would love a recommendation from someone who has gone through this process (moving from out of state, deciding between an existing home and building a new one) and has had a great experience with a particular agent/realtor.

Thanks in advance!!!

I'll send you a DM with a recommendation for a couple of agents that I send buyers to. (not me and not my brokerage)

Old 08-30-2022, 11:26 AM

1 posts, read 701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricBoyd View Post
I'll send you a DM with a recommendation for a couple of agents that I send buyers to. (not me and not my brokerage)
I would love that info too!!

Old 08-30-2022, 02:12 PM

2,558 posts, read 6,461,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromKytoTx View Post
I would love that info too!!

Message sent!

Old 08-30-2022, 02:31 PM

115 posts, read 139,778 times
I suppose you could go without if you really wanted to just like any FSBO has the option, but it just doesn't make sense, and there is no financial benefit to you. Even in the smoothest, most problem free of all transactions, it never hurts to have an experienced professional supervising everyone, reviewing the docs, making recommendations and making sure it's all on track and moving smoothly.
I would say this applies even more so when you are not physically present, don't know the area or local customs/regulations, know no vendors, etc. I think you would be doing yourself a disservice by foregoing representation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: