Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2021, 09:31 AM

3 posts, read 10,082 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone;

We are looking for advice on neighborhoods and just general advice to consider. We are moving from the NorthEast, kids are all under 8.

We should have a pretty decent budget and looking for the following:
-Near but not on the beach
-Excellent schools a must
-larger lot size preferred ie 1/2 acre plus but the more the better
-3000sq foot min

What neighborhoods to consider?
Any realtors especially good? (We want one to consider our needs and wants rather than pushing what they want to sell)

I don’t play golf and unless anyone suggests otherwise I’d prefer a private home than being on those community estates. Although I’ve never lived in one but please chime in if you think we should consider.

We are a conservative minded family and looking for likewise in the neighborhood. We are moving from a heavily democrat area and we just want to live with like-minded individuals/families. I realize that may bother some folk but if someone wants to buy our home for that then feel free.

Also, what sports do the schools do?
Do they do any sports like ice hockey or skating? Or what are the facilities there like?

Thanks everyone in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2021, 01:15 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,894,927 times
A budget would help

Old 04-25-2021, 06:25 PM

661 posts, read 865,992 times
Check areas around Roscoe Rd, Palm Valley Rd, Neck Rd. Use redfin.com and search zip code 32082. There is also nocatee a couple miles further from the beach but still only a 10 min drive to the ocean however lots are small. You might find some 1/4 acre lots or slightly bigger but generally standard 60-70 ft wide lots. If your budget is a million plus then that might open up some more options.

I don't say this often with people moving from the N.E. but 'CMON IN THE WATER'S FINE!!!!

Old 04-26-2021, 08:40 AM

396 posts, read 416,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
Check areas around Roscoe Rd, Palm Valley Rd, Neck Rd. Use redfin.com and search zip code 32082. There is also nocatee a couple miles further from the beach but still only a 10 min drive to the ocean however lots are small. You might find some 1/4 acre lots or slightly bigger but generally standard 60-70 ft wide lots. If your budget is a million plus then that might open up some more options.

I don't say this often with people moving from the N.E. but 'CMON IN THE WATER'S FINE!!!!
Agreed. Like minded folks are welcomed!

Old 04-26-2021, 05:01 PM

Thanks guys
Budget up to $1.5M most likely
Although if I can achieve a property that ticks the above boxes for under a million that would be great!

Old 04-26-2021, 09:50 PM

1,342 posts, read 2,004,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post

Just don’t bring your Democratic, liberal nonsense with you

Old 04-27-2021, 07:33 AM

661 posts, read 865,992 times
I think Marsh Landing might be a good bet. You'll find a couple listings there in that price range and lot size at or around 1/2 acre. Gated community, nice area.

Last edited by Gromicide; 04-27-2021 at 07:45 AM..

Old 04-27-2021, 07:49 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,894,927 times
There are flooding issues in the area, so do your homework. Best to get a local, full-time realtor that knows the area well. Marsh Landing, TPC Sawgrass, Sawgrass CC and Plantation tick all the boxes, except a lot between 1/4 and 1/2 is more realistic. You can check flood zones online. For a Realtor I would recommend Claire Berry who seems to be the expert in the area. I have met her a few times in exercise class and have no connection with her whatsoever.

Old 04-27-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithlord72 View Post
Just don’t bring your Democratic, liberal nonsense with you
No liberal nonsense coming with us because we don’t have that type of baggage like I said!

Thanks for the input so far.

Old 07-21-2021, 03:43 PM

99 posts, read 75,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWalker View Post
No liberal nonsense coming with us because we don’t have that type of baggage like I said!

Thanks for the input so far.
Any updates?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
View detailed profiles of: