Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2021, 04:22 PM

5 posts, read 10,264 times

Advertisements

Our California family will be in St. Augustine over the 4th of July weekend. There are six of us plus a toddler and infant. We would like to see the fireworks without venturing down near the madness of the Fort. Any suggestions for viewing? Also interested in rooftop bars/restaurants for viewing. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. BTW: we are staying in an Airbnb ten minutes west of the Fort/beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2021, 06:50 AM

661 posts, read 866,916 times
There aren't any. It's just an utter cluster!@#$

Old 06-10-2021, 10:30 AM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
So if St Augustine does the traditional fireworks show near the pier, they do offer shuttles to/from from various locations to cut down on the madness (a bit). Getting there is easy but when the fireworks are over, it is a mad rush to get back to those shuttles and the wait times are downright laughable. The last time, rather than wait 45 minutes in a line, we ended up walking back to where the shuttle picked us up and it was "only" about a 20-25 minute walk.

Are you set on those particular fireworks? There are other places setting off fireworks for the Fourth. We have generally enjoyed the fireworks set off at World Golf Village, but unsure if they're doing that again this year (or ever again). Not quite as hectic there.

Old 06-10-2021, 05:51 PM

Not set on those, just trying to get some general info regarding the 4th. Everything I have read has been fairly negative regarding logistics, but the show itself sounds amazing. Are home-use fireworks sold in the county? We may just sit in front of the house and light our own.

Old 06-10-2021, 07:55 PM

661 posts, read 866,916 times
Phantom fireworks on 210 right off I-95 sells the big bang stuff you are referring to. Illegal...yet legal. They run huge sales to make you feel better about dropping a few hundred on fireworks. If you've never handled fireworks like these, watch some youtube videos or something. A lot of residents aren't fond of these fireworks due to having a scared dog or maybe folks have PTSD etc...

Regardless, many neighborhood cul-di-sac families buy motherloads of these huge explosives and let em rip into the wee hours and again on July 5th with the leftovers.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:37 AM

9,383 posts, read 8,354,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearnation View Post
Not set on those, just trying to get some general info regarding the 4th. Everything I have read has been fairly negative regarding logistics, but the show itself sounds amazing. Are home-use fireworks sold in the county? We may just sit in front of the house and light our own.
Yes and, in fact, many years we've chosen simply to stay at home and watch neighbors shoot off their fireworks. In addition to Phantom, there are fireworks tents that will pop up everywhere and sell them. I don't believe they are totally legal unless you're using them for farm-use (or some weird loophole like that) but everyone turns a blind eye to them here as long as you're not setting anyone's house on fire.

Old 06-16-2021, 09:10 PM

Great info, thanks! My daughter and son-in-law live in Panama City, so I am familiar with the legal/ it legal farm use loophole. I thought we had crazy laws here in California!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville