Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 09:06 PM

367 posts, read 304,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NextExit40Miles View Post
Agreed. Of all the models we looked at we thought Ashley Homes were some of the best.
What about the Riverside ones (in Silverleaf)?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2021, 03:34 PM

319 posts, read 361,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
What about the Riverside ones (in Silverleaf)?

Yes, we liked Riverside as well. We've been talking with Riverside about building in Silver Landing, their new community in Silverleaf.
We're also waiting for David Weekley Homes to build their model in Silverleaf. They said they should start towards the end of the year.

Here's what SS wrote about the builders in SL.

Quote:
If you're dead set on Silverleaf, I would lean you towards David Weekley Homes or Riverside Homes out of the choices I see. Both of those builders I know for sure use woven, non-perforated housewrap products by DuPont that will give you superior protection over the cheap plastic leaky housewraps some of the others use, not to mention some of the bad zip taping jobs a lot of builders are getting these days.

Old 10-25-2021, 12:32 PM

11 posts, read 17,256 times
How do you feel about Toll Brothers? Do they use cheap materials in building their homes, etc?

Old 10-25-2021, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brads1123 View Post
How do you feel about Toll Brothers? Do they use cheap materials in building their homes, etc?
I would suggest using the search function, you'll find it very helpful. That and in particular reading posts from 'ShakenStirred' who is very well versed in the building industry. Look for his list of top builders in the area.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/jack...te-2021-a.html

9th post down...

Old 10-25-2021, 06:44 PM

367 posts, read 304,424 times
Quote:
Yes, we liked Riverside as well. We've been talking with Riverside about building in Silver Landing, their new community in Silverleaf.
We're also waiting for David Weekley Homes to build their model in Silverleaf. They said they should start towards the end of the year.
Just starting end of the year on the model would probably mean no home will be complete there until the end of 2022 at the soonest. The zillow projections are for 32092 zip code to go up another 24% by next Fall!

https://www.zillow.com/saint-augusti...2/home-values/

Old 10-26-2021, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Just starting end of the year on the model would probably mean no home will be complete there until the end of 2022 at the soonest.

Silverleaf does seem to be building at a much slower pace. In Nocatee for example the neighborhoods do appear to go up faster. Not sure why that is. In some cases it's the same builders.

Old 10-28-2021, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 1,306 times
Quote:

Here's what SS wrote about the builders in SL.
My wife and I spent the last 2 months looking at the quality of all the so called popular builders. We did not just look at the builders completed models we would go after work hours and investigate the workmanship of houses in various stages to see exactly what’s behind the walls before they are covered up. Believe me you can easily find plenty of evidence of less than stellar work if you spend enough time looking at each builders homes. Now granted we did not find anything structurally unsafe or anything like that. More along the lines of crooked walls, trim work, poor window, doors, kitchen cabinets and sliding door installations etc. Also some of the HVAC installs looked a little rushed with numerous unnecessary bends and crushing into tight spots. So now we sat down and made a list of pros and cons of each builders homes. In the end we decided to go with Riverside Homes for a new build in Silver Landing. We found there homes to be well built and seemed to take a little more pride in there workmanship. There were plenty of other things taken into consideration before choosing Riverside way to many to list here. We feel like we did the best we could in making our home builder decision hopefully it all goes well. Now I would just like to say that this is how we went about finding a builder so feel free to comment either good or bad.
Oh and since everyone likes to know where you came from we are Long Islanders. We have no interest in upsetting the way things are done down here.

Old 10-31-2021, 01:16 PM

14 posts, read 19,466 times
What are your thoughts on Colour Homes or American Classic Homes LLC? It looks like Colour Homes buys land and builds a rectangular box with a roof that only slants one way. An example is 228 Vernis Ave. ACH buys land too, but has two designs. They are building a lot of homes around 1260 Neva St. I filled out the contact form at Colour Homes but haven’t heard back in over a week.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaforme View Post
My wife and I spent the last 2 months looking at the quality of all the so called popular builders. We did not just look at the builders completed models we would go after work hours and investigate the workmanship of houses in various stages to see exactly what’s behind the walls before they are covered up. Believe me you can easily find plenty of evidence of less than stellar work if you spend enough time looking at each builders homes. Now granted we did not find anything structurally unsafe or anything like that. More along the lines of crooked walls, trim work, poor window, doors, kitchen cabinets and sliding door installations etc. Also some of the HVAC installs looked a little rushed with numerous unnecessary bends and crushing into tight spots. So now we sat down and made a list of pros and cons of each builders homes. In the end we decided to go with Riverside Homes for a new build in Silver Landing. We found there homes to be well built and seemed to take a little more pride in there workmanship. There were plenty of other things taken into consideration before choosing Riverside way to many to list here. We feel like we did the best we could in making our home builder decision hopefully it all goes well. Now I would just like to say that this is how we went about finding a builder so feel free to comment either good or bad.
Oh and since everyone likes to know where you came from we are Long Islanders. We have no interest in upsetting the way things are done down here.

We pretty much did the same, walking the work sites at various build stages. I like that they are a low volume builder and will work with you on minor customizations. The only thing I would add though, is to look into hiring an on site inspector. Probably would prove to be a good investment.

Old 11-10-2021, 10:23 PM

28 posts, read 28,845 times
What are your thoughts on Taylor Morrison?

I have to respectfully disagree with you on Pulte. My experience with them was horrific and others as well. They use the cheapest materials, labor and subcontractors. Their homes are subpar square boxes where the garage doors occupy 50% of the front sight lines. They never finish their new builds on time and they will literally ghost you when you try to get your punch list fixed after closing. Just horrific customer service and high turnover. Once you sign with them and they have your money, you're on your own. I would absolutely never buy another pulte home and it's just not me a quick search of their reviews on line youll find thousands of BBB complaints, forums trashing them, etc. I would stay away from Bannon Lakes Preserve or Trails at Grand Oaks. They do ok with Del Webb but I don't even think they run that division.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville