Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 10:49 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,182,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluetTimber View Post
I do not live In Florida, nor will I ever.
Stopped reading after this. No opinion of someone who's never lived here before matters. Why someone peruses message boards of states they don't live in to bash those states is beyond me. Lonely? Bored?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2021, 10:45 AM

6,276 posts, read 4,773,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluetTimber View Post
There may be a couple more "advantages" to moving to Florida, but I would start asking about the "disadvantages", in which there are many. lack of good healthcare is one, along with really crappy weather for 8 months of the year, crappy food as well. call an insurance company in Florida, ask them what their rates are, for both auto & home. Lots of bloggers out there promoting Florida(where ever), but few give the real insights of life in Florida including most residents. Call a real estate broker in Florida, ask how many people are moving out, the number may surprise you. almost 90% of people that have moved to Florida, have decided to move again, just the stats. Hate to be negative, but truthful wins over. Do your homework. Ooh and the huge bugs and snakes & alligator's. No thanks
Your posts are music to my ears. I hope all NYers read this and decide to stay in NY. I was born in NYC, lived in WNY for most of my life and to me Florida is nirvana. You can have NY with its "progressive" politics, high taxes, business unfriendly regulations and tax and spend budgets. The weather here is far from"crappy", the food is excellent with all the NYers moving here and opening restaurants, the healthcare for me and my family, is infinitely superior to what we received in NY, for the main reason this where people want to live. We have been here 5 years and love it more each day. Stay in NY, please.

Last edited by Thundarr457; 11-03-2021 at 11:18 AM..

Old 11-07-2021, 09:39 AM

11,669 posts, read 17,835,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
St Johns County schools are the best in Florida.

I know 4 people with children that live in SJC. They’ve lived in other places around the USA and have said that SJC is the absolute best for families. So many year round activities. We’re moving into Silverleaf next summer.

I don’t know what else you need to know other than that.

Don’t bring blue votes to Florida. Thanks.

Private message me if you need a real estate agent.
Sorry, but we will bring blue votes to Florida if we want to. We are Americans with a constitutional right to vote HOWEVER WE WANT, wherever WE WANT. We flipped Duval County blue and St. Johns and Clay will be the next to turn blue! Deal with it!

75% of US GDP comes from blue states because blue policies WORK.

Likewise, YOU have every right to move wherever you want and vote RED if you want. You should be PRO democracy and voting rights.

Old 11-08-2021, 08:07 AM

655 posts, read 851,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Sorry, but we will bring blue votes to Florida if we want to. We are Americans with a constitutional right to vote HOWEVER WE WANT, wherever WE WANT. We flipped Duval County blue and St. Johns and Clay will be the next to turn blue! Deal with it!

75% of US GDP comes from blue states because blue policies WORK.

Likewise, YOU have every right to move wherever you want and vote RED if you want. You should be PRO democracy and voting rights.
1 out of 4 voters in St Johns are Blue. I thought this number would change with the influx of people leaving their dumpster fire cities but I checked recently and it's actually moving in the opposite direction. What does that mean? Well it means they are either switching or they were red before they relocated. When you say 'we' flipped Duval, I think you mean 'we' convinced people to vote who normally didn't before.

St Johns isn't changing and neither is the State of Florida. But yes you have a right to vote for whoever you want...at least in 2021

Old 11-17-2021, 10:20 AM

10 posts, read 15,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseyWales90 View Post
In a perfect world politics wouldn't matter. But the quality of life decreases substantially when left wing voters start moving into an area. People understandably don't want their nice areas to eventually deteriorate like NY, Chicago, California, etc. And many people fleeing these areas have zero self-awareness.

Florida is one of the best states in the US. It needs to stay that way.
So true! Spot on!

Old 12-28-2021, 04:13 PM

10 posts, read 6,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
So you'll take their money but not their votes....got it.
Don't need either, but would rather have the $ than the self-serving, asinine blue voters.

You know, like Nancy Pelosi, working to destroy California and then moving to FLORIDA to retire. Those who made their beds in blue states need to own the consequences of their votes. Those who fought against left-wing theft and are weary from the fight are welcomed.

Old 12-29-2021, 09:38 AM

122 posts, read 254,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRememberPassword View Post
Don't need either, but would rather have the $ than the self-serving, asinine blue voters.

You know, like Nancy Pelosi, working to destroy California and then moving to FLORIDA to retire. Those who made their beds in blue states need to own the consequences of their votes. Those who fought against left-wing theft and are weary from the fight are welcomed.
As opposed to those uneducated ones that stand around on street corners complaining about how they lost an election and still have outdated signs in their front yards hoping for a miracle. Why are you so bitter? I think most sensible Floridians would prefer educated affluent folks as their neighbors.

Last edited by socalbee; 12-29-2021 at 10:04 AM..

Old 12-29-2021, 11:03 AM

9,273 posts, read 8,182,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CantRememberPassword View Post

Says the person who can't remember their password...............

Old 12-29-2021, 11:29 AM

200 posts, read 153,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
As opposed to those uneducated ones that stand around on street corners complaining about how they lost an election and still have outdated signs in their front yards hoping for a miracle. Why are you so bitter? I think most sensible Floridians would prefer educated affluent folks as their neighbors.
You're assuming and concluding a great deal. I'm a Floridian, and most of my fellow Floridians that I know prefer to have neighbors that have good character, not affluence - that's way down the list in what makes a decent neighbor. You must not be a Floridian at all, or you would already know that.

Old 12-29-2021, 11:37 AM

122 posts, read 254,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronDavidSchultz View Post
You're assuming and concluding a great deal. I'm a Floridian, and most of my fellow Floridians that I know prefer to have neighbors that have good character, not affluence - that's way down the list in what makes a decent neighbor. You must not be a Floridian at all, or you would already know that.
You also assume a lot. Good character is a given for good neighbors, and all the folks we know fall into that category. The fact that you have to mention it is interesting, have you had any bad experiences? We certainly have not, not in our neighborhood anyway. We have a good mix of Democrats, Republicans and a few others too. I am sure those who participated in 1/6 were not folks of good character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville