Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2022, 11:38 AM

9,377 posts, read 8,345,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalbee View Post
+1, it is a shame a lot of folks have nothing better to do. Some folks just HAVE to bring politics into everything here on CD. I must admit it gets my back up and I fall into the trap sometimes.
As do I, but frankly.....when someone comes on here, completely uneducated spouting conspiracy theories about vaccines or anything they know little about other than through their social media news feed, I do feel the need sometimes to speak up. I guess in the long run it doesn't matter but that's just my nature.

Old 01-11-2022, 09:05 PM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
As do I, but frankly.....when someone comes on here, completely uneducated spouting conspiracy theories about vaccines or anything they know little about other than through their social media news feed, I do feel the need sometimes to speak up. I guess in the long run it doesn't matter but that's just my nature.
There you go again....any opinion other than yours is 'uneducated'. Like the vaccines that work right? Record high cases and hospitalizations and 75% of the country is vaccinated...but those darn rednecks! If it weren't for them we'd beat that darn covid cough cough common cold. btw we don't really do social media.

If only I could be educated Ma and Pa then I could be safe and American! lol

Old 01-12-2022, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
There you go again....any opinion other than yours is 'uneducated'. Like the vaccines that work right? Record high cases and hospitalizations and 75% of the country is vaccinated...but those darn rednecks! If it weren't for them we'd beat that darn covid cough cough common cold. btw we don't really do social media.

If only I could be educated Ma and Pa then I could be safe and American! lol
I guess maybe you need to pull up a dictionary to understand the difference between opinion and facts. When someone says the vaccine is working, you need to look at hospitalization rates and deaths for those who are vaccinated, it has dropped significantly since pre-vaccines. I won't bother to send you any links because you'll call them "liberal" media and proclaim they are lying, so feel free to, ahem, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Also, when 1 out of 4 Americans still aren't vaccinated, of course there will still be hospitalizations and deaths caused by COVID. That, in no way, proves the vaccine isn't working, as you have claimed time and time again here.

Education. Yes, that would help your cause quite a bit.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:05 AM

661 posts, read 866,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
I guess maybe you need to pull up a dictionary to understand the difference between opinion and facts. When someone says the vaccine is working, you need to look at hospitalization rates and deaths for those who are vaccinated, it has dropped significantly since pre-vaccines. I won't bother to send you any links because you'll call them "liberal" media and proclaim they are lying, so feel free to, ahem, DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH.

Also, when 1 out of 4 Americans still aren't vaccinated, of course there will still be hospitalizations and deaths caused by COVID. That, in no way, proves the vaccine isn't working, as you have claimed time and time again here.

Education. Yes, that would help your cause quite a bit.
I actually read the 'record high cases and hospitalizations' on CNN yesterday. I get my news from all around and choose which to read (not necessarily believe).

Did you believe the news from the AP that said children 5-11 are setting record high for covid hospitalizations? Do you really think that's true? a yes or no will be fine. I know the truth already.

Old 01-12-2022, 07:38 AM

200 posts, read 156,944 times
Wow, I hope those clear-thinking residents of Jax, actually listened closely to Mr. Biden's speech while visiting Atlanta black folks etc on yesterday....if not, go online and spend a few moments READING what he stated very clearly.

Read or listen to it dispassionately without your "political hat" on. Give it a fair reading and perhaps, just perhaps you too will be offended by the use of much of the inaccurate historical and societal comparisons and hyperbolic nonsense.

I want my President to be successful, but Mr. Biden is suffering by his own hand it seems to me, he is parroting leftist (not liberal) outright misrepresentations....even gaslighting.

Sad to see it.

Cheers!

Old 01-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I actually read the 'record high cases and hospitalizations' on CNN yesterday. I get my news from all around and choose which to read (not necessarily believe).

Did you believe the news from the AP that said children 5-11 are setting record high for covid hospitalizations? Do you really think that's true? a yes or no will be fine. I know the truth already.
Yes, I'm sure that is true. Especially considering only roughly only 17% of children 5-11 are vaccinated! See how that works? Here's a breakdown for you:

Vaxxed: Low chance of severe reaction, hospitalization, death

Unvaxxed: Higher change of severe reaction, hospitalization, death.

Without name calling, finger pointing or anything else, does this make sense to you now?

Old 01-12-2022, 08:34 AM

200 posts, read 156,944 times
What about natural immunity? seems like people pretend there is no such thing

What about 'break-throughs' ? seems like people don't wish to speak about the lack of efficacy?

What about pervasive transmission, even after vaccinated? no one seems to want to discuss that IMHO

Old 01-12-2022, 08:53 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,386 times
I'll talk about it because as mentioned before I had a Delta breakthrough. MAYO said good thing I'd at that point been vaxxed 2x or I'd be in ICU. I take their word over yours any day.
And I care about the people around me. I don't want vulnerable people to get really ill so I wear a KN95 mask and roll my eyes when I see those who obviously don't care about their health or anyone else's for that matter

Old 01-12-2022, 08:57 AM
rtt

And until I saw the writing on the wall with Trump I was a registered Republican... since 1973.

Old 01-12-2022, 08:58 AM
rtt

I apologize to the OP for participating in the hijacking of this thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville