Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2022, 12:55 PM

367 posts, read 303,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Except in your ridiculous attempt at an example, Johnny FatBoy in unable infect Mary LeanRunner with his obesity. Wanna try that again with a better example?

How about we all have the freedom to not get vaccinated for smallpox too??? I mean, it's the same logic, right? Why should I have to worry about spreading smallpox to my neighbor??? Isn't it MY RIGHT to do what I want with my body???

Or how about drinking alcohol and driving? You should have the right to get wasted and get behind the wheel and drive home, right? I mean, it's YOUR body isn't it?
Like a typical good little progressive/liberal, you can’t figure it out.

If Johnny FatBoy has a negative outcome it is because of Johnny FatBoy’s life’s choices. Johnny assumes risk due to his unhealthy lifestyle. Johnny assumes risk by not getting “vaccinated” himself. Johnny assumes risk by not masking (which doesn’t work unless N95 type mask). Johnny assumes risk by being out in society.

None of that is Mary’s problem to solve. Again, why should Mary alter her lifestyle because of Johnny’s life choices?

Nothing is risk free.

Don’t forget, there are lots of us who simply don’t care about you at all. It doesn’t mean we are directly malicious towards you, it just means that if you went speeding by us at 100mph on the interstate, driving like a maniac; when we catch up to your overturned car with your body ejected, we simply keep driving on our way to Universal Studios.

You also know that almost no one has been vaccinated for smallpox after 1972, right?

Last edited by zerp; 01-20-2022 at 01:21 PM..

Old 01-20-2022, 02:10 PM

9,382 posts, read 8,345,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post
Don’t forget, there are lots of us who simply don’t care about you at all. It doesn’t mean we are directly malicious towards you, it just means that if you went speeding by us at 100mph on the interstate, driving like a maniac; when we catch up to your overturned car with your body ejected, we simply keep driving on our way to Universal Studios.
Speaking of "typical" - no need to relay this, we all know that you right wing zealots don't care about anyone but yourselves. Your Orange Leader, IQ45, was the poster-child for this line of thinking!

Old 01-20-2022, 10:06 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
No need to tell me to ignore you, I have been for years now.
I can't tell. Please try harder.

Old 01-20-2022, 10:14 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gromicide View Post
I tried. It's a waste of time. Like Brandon said last night in his extremely popular press conference, we all need to be able "breath fresh water". All the independent voters are coming around. November will be fun.
Largest migration from the Democratic Party in all of history is happening right now. Let's go Brandon!

Old 01-20-2022, 11:05 PM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
Quote:
Speaking of "typical" - no need to relay this, we all know that you right wing zealots don't care about anyone but yourselves. Your Orange Leader, IQ45, was the poster-child for this line of thinking!
Exactly, like the part-owner of the Golden State Warriors who said that he doesn’t care about the persecution of the Uyghurs. This just shows he only cares about himself.

Oh wait, he’s a big-time Biden donor. Never mind.

Old 01-21-2022, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizrap View Post
Exactly, like the part-owner of the Golden State Warriors who said that he doesn’t care about the persecution of the Uyghurs. This just shows he only cares about himself.

Oh wait, he’s a big-time Biden donor. Never mind.
You know you're grasping at straws from the absolute bottom of the barrel when you're bringing up some rich guy's comments on........Ugyhurs????

I'll give you a good quote. How's this.....this coming from IQ45....you know, your messiah who think you're all fools for supporting him.

"Trump: Americans Who Died in War Are ‘Losers’ and ‘Suckers’"

Old 01-21-2022, 07:48 AM

367 posts, read 303,662 times
Quote:
Stop spreading misinformation. One mustn’t tell lies.

https://www.philanthropyroundtable.o....s.-generosity

Science and data proves you are spreading misinformation. As a percentage of adjusted gross income, red areas give more.

Sure, this study is a bit dated, but likely still valid.

Also, you fell into the trap regarding caring.

Using the example of Johnny FatBody and Mary LeanRunner *and* the car wreck scenario, why should the conservative (Mary and the slower driver) care about Johnny and the fast, reckless driver when Johnny doesn’t care about himself nor does the fast, reckless driver?

The conservative view is “you did this to yourself, so why is anything else bad that happens to you my problem?”

The conservative is correct. It isn’t their problem.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerp View Post

The conservative view is “you did this to yourself, so why is anything else bad that happens to you my problem?”

The conservative is correct. It isn’t their problem.
Yes, damn those babies born into poverty!!! They should have known better! They should have enrolled in a private school, gone onto Harvard and done something with their lives!!!! For shame!

That's sarcasm, btw. Republicans line of thinking is sooooo dated now, it's absurd. As is your Johnny Fatboy nonsense.

I love riling up you people, btw, it's hilarious.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:38 AM

486 posts, read 515,940 times
I'm sorry, but at this point what does all this fat shaming, keto praise, anti-trump, brandon, etc.. have to do with the original subject?

Could the mod just put us all out of our misery and lock this one?

Old 01-21-2022, 09:14 AM

5,129 posts, read 6,123,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottamemnon View Post
I'm sorry, but at this point what does all this fat shaming, keto praise, anti-trump, brandon, etc.. have to do with the original subject?

Could the mod just put us all out of our misery and lock this one?
I will second that, for the most part the Jacksonville Forum has been pretty much, friendly, informative, intuitive and respectful.

Sure we don’t live in a vanilla world but I would hate to see this forum morphed into a resemblance of some of the ones out there on City Data. Visiting my home states forum is like visiting a verbal battlefield no matter what the topic is.

For those looking at moving to Jacksonville, it is pretty chill and ever evolving and it also seems to be
one of of the fastest growing areas in the US right now.

Politics seem to be the least of everyone’s worry here, rising home prices and rents along with the unbelievable explosive growth seems to be the hottest topic right now………and the Jaguars!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville