Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2022, 11:22 PM

69 posts, read 114,010 times

Advertisements

Jacksonville like any major city has spots of crime, less desirable neighborhoods, etc.

I currently live in Baymeadows (only been here a week) and it is nice according to my standards. So if you consider that as a benchmark, could you rank/rate or alert me of any major issues in this new home developments?

(1) 2842 Mule Deer Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32225 just north of Abroretum
(2) 5982 Creekside Crossing Drive Jacksonville, FL 32210 (Confederate Point and Ortega Farms)
(3) 811 Observatory Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Jamestown near First coast high school)
(4) 7948 Merchants Way Jacksonville, FL 32222 (far out in chimney lakes?)
(5) 6208 Wild Mustang Trail Jacksonville, FL 32234 (far out in the westside of jacksonville)
(6) 9717 Skydive Ct Jacksonville, FL 32221 (near the above)
(7) 116 Modesto Drive Saint Augustine, FL 32086 (looks like Silverleaf?)
(8) 1380 Panther Preserve Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32221 (Panther creek area?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2022, 03:14 AM

4 posts, read 6,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mspkiddo View Post
Jacksonville like any major city has spots of crime, less desirable neighborhoods, etc.

I currently live in Baymeadows (only been here a week) and it is nice according to my standards. So if you consider that as a benchmark, could you rank/rate or alert me of any major issues in this new home developments?

(1) 2842 Mule Deer Circle, Jacksonville, FL 32225 just north of Abroretum
(2) 5982 Creekside Crossing Drive Jacksonville, FL 32210 (Confederate Point and Ortega Farms)
(3) 811 Observatory Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32218 (Jamestown near First coast high school)
(4) 7948 Merchants Way Jacksonville, FL 32222 (far out in chimney lakes?)
(5) 6208 Wild Mustang Trail Jacksonville, FL 32234 (far out in the westside of jacksonville)
(6) 9717 Skydive Ct Jacksonville, FL 32221 (near the above)
(7) 116 Modesto Drive Saint Augustine, FL 32086 (looks like Silverleaf?)
(8) 1380 Panther Preserve Pkwy Jacksonville, FL 32221 (Panther creek area?)

Not sure where you're from originally, but the below should be prefaced by saying that in general, Jacksonville isn't a "low-crime" city. Some parts are notoriously rough and other parts rarely see violence, but it's a telling fact of life here that when someone gets shot at Gate Parkway and Baymeadows (happened the other day) an area which doesn't see much violence, people will say, "Well...you know, it's Jacksonville."

I noticed some of the areas you are asking about are on the extreme westside, along SR 23 which runs from I-10 south to Middleburg. Most developments along this area are pretty safe, because it's mostly new developments, and most of the residents in the new areas are families, so they've got better things to do than try car door handles at night. If you plan on living here for a long time, that could change to an extent (not dramatically) over time.

With all that out of the way, here we go...

1) Should be fine but you're right off Ft. Caroline, which gets surprisingly busy sometimes. Merrill east of 295 is okay but west gets progressively more sketchy as you go through Arlington towards University, but this is changing as things are actually getting better.

2) Not the worst area of town but you'll see some things from time to time. Probably best to be packing. You'll probably hear a lot of loud cars and stereos and see the cops around.

3) This area is pretty decent...plus you're near River City and the airport, which is nice. This area may be poised for a dramatic upswing as development moves north.

4) This area is still very new and is positioned for some dramatic future development. Not much crime yet. If you move out here, know that it'll probably get much more crowded over the next 10-15 years. Also, most of the retail out there is going to be big box stores so it'll eventually turn into Orange Park II.
Orange Park doesn't have a lot of violent crime, but there's a lot of people selling drugs in parking lots and junkies living in the woods.

5) See #4. Same thing, but you're probably buying lower and farther away from Jax. You might be able to squeeze a few more years of quiet out of the deal.

6) Again, an okay area, very redneck but that's changing. This is right across from Herlong Field though so you'll get a good amount of planes flying over (mostly small private aircraft) depending upon the weather.

7) This is really a whole other deal. St. Johns County has much lower crime, better schools and attracts a wider variety of people than Jacksonville. If you have kids you want to send to school, this may be a good option for them. However commuting to work may be difficult if you work in Jacksonville.

8) Good option near Jax, see #4 and #5 above.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville