Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2022, 01:55 PM

11 posts, read 19,218 times

Advertisements

Interested in Ponte Vedra area and saw many houses under construction by Providence Homes. Didn't see their name on SS's list but SS once said he had no direct experience with them. Does anyone know anything about Providence? Any info would be helpful!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2022, 08:01 AM

655 posts, read 850,778 times
They weren't at the top of my list 5 years ago in my neighborhood. They were offered along with Weekley, Dostie, Cal Atlantic (bought out). Honestly I might have had Providence at the bottom because their models weren't very impressive and their sales team did nothing to make me feel important. That was a big mistake.

Anyways, fast forward to my neighborhood being complete and having a bunch of friends to hang out with, cookout, patio cocktails, watch football, wine night etc...Man these providence homes my friends live in are so nice! I'm happy with my Cal home but the comparable sized houses providence has are nicely done. Not aware of anyone that had any serious issues.

Honestly with these big national builders and labor and supply shortages, their all kinda all in the same boat. The bad part is you have to pay twice as much for the exact same house providence built 5 years ago when I was shopping. Most of them are the same floorplans and even the same names.

Old 01-15-2022, 10:44 AM

306 posts, read 350,533 times
I can't speak directly from experience however I drove through Nocatee and spoke with residents there. The consensus was that those who built with them were not satisfied. I'd suggest you do the same, and speak with those who have directly dealt with them.

BTW, Shaken's 2022 list of recommended builders should be out soon.

Old 01-17-2022, 11:55 AM

2,414 posts, read 4,211,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinX View Post
Interested in Ponte Vedra area and saw many houses under construction by Providence Homes. Didn't see their name on SS's list but SS once said he had no direct experience with them. Does anyone know anything about Providence? Any info would be helpful!
https://unicourt.com/case/fl-clc-hey...company-124325

https://unicourt.com/case/fl-sjn-ian...company-189681

https://unicourt.com/case/fl-clc-spe...company-122814

These are just a couple of the many I've been told about that are happening. To be fair, almost all builders are getting sued, and I don't know what the specifics of these cases are. If I find out more I will let you know.

Until then, just know the material and labor shortage is putting a big strain on the market. Appliances, roofing, insulation, windows....all huge shortages right now. Builders are putting in "temporary" appliances just so they can get the CO on the home and close on it, with plans to put in the actual appliances when they come in. Those with bigger pocketbooks are actually leasing warehouses and stockpiling materials in them when they can get them, making it harder on other builders to get what they need. It's pretty much all out war between the builders in procuring labor and materials. In the plumbing, HVAC and Electrical category the shortage issue is labor. Too many retiring skilled trade workers and not enough to take their place. Materials are still increasing as well, so this is why the cost of a new home has and will continue to increase for the foreseeable future.

Everything is going to take longer to build, and the quality is going to be very spotty, and that's just the way it's going to be for who knows how long, because, ya know, we're "building back better."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville