Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2022, 09:48 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,243,451 times

Advertisements

Here are the links to the other 2 threads that every new homebuyer should take a look at:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/jack...me-buyers.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...me-buyers.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourVan View Post
Can you expand on the reasoning? Based on my research (and we dont own a home from them) it would appear otherwise.
I'm not saying this is a Rutenburg home in the thread below, it's not. But what I will say is that it's possible that the same subcontractor responsible for the hideous installation in the following thread might be the same one that does the installations for Rutenburg.

That's why I recommend a 3rd party inspector on every home. Regular Building Inspectors don't catch the kind of things you'll see in the pictures, nor do they care. They are not trained to look for these types of things, and they aren't Building Scientists.

//www.city-data.com/forum/jacks...me-buyers.html

Old 03-17-2022, 05:41 PM

1 posts, read 1,704 times
How about Tidewater?

Old 03-24-2022, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stjohnshome View Post
How about Tidewater?
The ones on my list have been researched extensively and recently. If they aren't on my list, they have not.

Old 05-23-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Finally, the moment you've all waited for!! I've received so many DM's about when I'm coming out with this list, so without further ado, here is the list of whom I consider to be the builders doing the best quality of construction in NE Florida at this moment in time.

This list is in alphabetical order only, not a ranking. I'm not breaking them out by category either (custom, production, multi-family, etc.), so you'll have to do a little research yourself on where they build and what type of construction. These list covers only Duval, St. Johns, Nassau and Clay Counties.

Austin Painter Homes
Bradley's Construction
Carlton Construction
Century Communities
Century Complete
Coastal Construction and Consulting, LLC
Cole Builders
Cottage Home Company
David Weekley Homes*
Dean Russell Construction
DF Luxury Homes
Dostie Homes
Dream Finders Homes*
Drees Homes
Factor Consulting
FaverGray
Jason Hursey Construction
John Merrill Homes
Kingsouth Construction
Matheiu Builders
MB Builders
OSSI Homes
Pillar Construction
Pulte Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes
UniFlorida IV

There are some new names, and some that have dropped off in recent years are added back now due to improving their standards. The industry changes rapidly, and so as with years past, this list could change at any time and I will do my best to update periodically as needed. If you have any questions, a DM is always your best bet. I hope I can help save some people from the nightmare headaches of being involved in a large, costly and time consuming Construction Defect Lawsuit and give them the info needed to make wise decisions regarding new construction.

Final note: If you see a "*" by a company, that means they are on the list conditionally. Meaning, they might be doing great quality in some areas, and not so great in others. Always, always, always hire a 3rd party home inspector. The labor shortage and lack of quality has made this more important that at any time in recent history. Have a great year everyone and good luck to all the new homebuyers!
Note to all:

After examining one of their jobs in Jacksonville Beach this past week, I am officially removing Cole Builders from the list of recommended builders.

Old 09-06-2022, 08:34 AM

I'm updating this list before 2023 because there have been some necessary changes to this list since I last published it. My schedule doesn't allow me time to post as frequently as in the past, but I believe these changes are important enough for anyone considering buying a new home here, so I'm simply deleting the ones that no longer meet my criteria and adding the ones that now do.

Quote:
This list is in alphabetical order only, not a ranking. I'm not breaking them out by category either (custom, production, multi-family, etc.), so you'll have to do a little research yourself on where they build and what type of construction. These list covers only Duval, St. Johns, Nassau and Clay Counties.

Aurora Builders
Austin Painter Homes
Benebuilt LLC
Bradley's Construction
Carlton Construction
Century Communities
Century Complete
Coast Homes
Cottage Home Company
David Weekley Homes
DF Luxury Homes
Dostie Homes
Drees Homes
Factor Contractors LLC
FaverGray
John Merrill Homes
Kingsouth Construction
MB Builders
OSSI Homes
Pillar Construction
Pulte Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes
UniFlorida IV

Old 09-06-2022, 10:36 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,226,966 times
Quote:
I'm updating this list before 2023 because there have been some necessary changes to this list since I last published it. My schedule doesn't allow me time to post as frequently as in the past, but I believe these changes are important enough for anyone considering buying a new home here, so I'm simply deleting the ones that no longer meet my criteria and adding the ones that now do.

Old 12-08-2022, 10:41 AM

So, who's excited for my 2023 list? I know I am!

Quote:
Finally, the moment you've all waited for!! I've received so many DM's about when I'm coming out with this list, so without further ado, here is the list of whom I consider to be the builders doing the best quality of construction in NE Florida at this moment in time.

Austin Painter Homes
Bradley's Construction
Carlton Construction
Century Communities
Century Complete
Cole Builders
Cottage Home Company
David Weekley Homes*
Dean Russell Construction
DF Luxury Homes
Dostie Homes
Dream Finders Homes*
Drees Homes
Factor Consulting
FaverGray
John Merrill Homes
Kingsouth Construction
Matheiu Builders
MB Builders
OSSI Homes
Pillar Construction
Pulte Homes
TerraWise Homes
Trademark Homes
UniFlorida IV

There are some new names, and some that have dropped off in recent years are added back now due to improving their standards. The industry changes rapidly, and so as with years past, this list could change at any time and I will do my best to update periodically as needed. If you have any questions, a DM is always your best bet. I hope I can help save some people from the nightmare headaches of being involved in a large, costly and time consuming Construction Defect Lawsuit and give them the info needed to make wise decisions regarding new construction.

Final note: If you see a "*" by a company, that means they are on the list conditionally. Meaning, they might be doing great quality in some areas, and not so great in others. Always, always, always hire a 3rd party home inspector. The labor shortage and lack of quality has made this more important that at any time in recent history. Have a great year everyone and good luck to all the new homebuyers!

Old 12-11-2022, 01:29 PM

315 posts, read 358,791 times
Quote:
So, who's excited for my 2023 list? I know I am!

Looking forward to it, it's become a yearly tradition

NE40

Old 01-07-2023, 12:14 PM

1,144 posts, read 2,989,267 times
Does anyone actually have recent first hand experience with Pulte?

I went and saw a model home of theirs in at The Preserve at Bannon Lakes. In one word: Yikes. I would not like a new home to feel like their model home, considering it's their opportunity to put their best foot forward to impress a potential buyer.

Walls were uneven (indicates low skill labor), trim and touch points were scuffed to oblivion (indicates low quality materials), and the second floor was uneven under the carpet and super bouncy (indication of both low skill and low quality).

Sales person asked for my thoughts and I was honest in my feedback. Funnily enough, he didn't disagree!

Also surprised to not see Arthur Rutenberg or Ashley on the list. We liked the quality of both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville