Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2022, 02:05 PM

195 posts, read 135,864 times

Advertisements

Hello im moving from NJ to FL. Im orginally from Harlem, manhattan, NYC

Newark is a hood but is gentrifying and getting expensive,is that happening in jAX?
Is it easy to connect utilities and getting Plates/DL?
What the economic future of Jax?Job growth?Poltics etc?

I know these questions may seem redundant, but looking for deep insight besides wikipedia

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 11:15 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,247,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptjcz View Post
Hello im moving from NJ to FL. Im orginally from Harlem, manhattan, NYC

Newark is a hood but is gentrifying and getting expensive,is that happening in jAX?
What the economic future of Jax?Job growth?Poltics etc?

I know these questions may seem redundant, but looking for deep insight besides wikipedia

thanks
It's getting expensive everywhere. There is a labor shortage everywhere. Getting plates and DL is no better or worse than any other DMV in the country, so yeah, it's a pita. Job growth and economic future is off the charts as people are flocking here in droves. Politics...well, that's a can of worms to be opened up right there, but let's just say that you will, on many occasions, encounter a jacked up pickup truck flying a Trump flag. Although Duval County went blue in the last election, I suspect after this utter failure in office now is done, it will switch back to solid red. St. Johns County, which is right next door and growing rapidly, is staunchly conservative as the influx of freedom loving common sense people from NJ and NY flood in and set up shop to escape their tyrannical local governments.

There, I've opened the can, prepare for the flood of angry responses....lol.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:43 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,152,796 times
Quote:
Just be ready to pay ~ $420-$450 per vehicle for initial registration, tag, DL etc.

Old 04-11-2022, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
Just be ready to pay ~ $420-$450 per vehicle for initial registration, tag, DL etc.
wow thats expensive…..much higher than nj

Old 04-11-2022, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
It's getting expensive everywhere. There is a labor shortage everywhere. Getting plates and DL is no better or worse than any other DMV in the country, so yeah, it's a pita. Job growth and economic future is off the charts as people are flocking here in droves. Politics...well, that's a can of worms to be opened up right there, but let's just say that you will, on many occasions, encounter a jacked up pickup truck flying a Trump flag. Although Duval County went blue in the last election, I suspect after this utter failure in office now is done, it will switch back to solid red. St. Johns County, which is right next door and growing rapidly, is staunchly conservative as the influx of freedom loving common sense people from NJ and NY flood in and set up shop to escape their tyrannical local governments.

There, I've opened the can, prepare for the flood of angry responses....lol.

Trying to escape too and will not be bring any liberal politics with me. NJ is red outside big cities, and almost red last gov election. Newarks most affluent area Iron bound has bunch RED voters

Old 04-12-2022, 04:50 AM

1,562 posts, read 2,152,796 times
Quote:
wow thats expensive…..much higher than nj
Just the initial registration. Subsequent years are $40-$70/year (depends on specialty or non-specialty plates).

Also, once you register a car, you can transfer that registration if you decide to sell that particular vehicle and buy another. Just need to pay a nominal fee for title.

Used to hit up some of those Portuguese restaurants in Iron Bound. Valencas in Elizabeth too. So good. (I grew up in Bergen County - Rutherford, Lyndhurst, Mahwah, Wyckoff etc)

Last edited by Ivan Putski; 04-12-2022 at 05:02 AM..

Old 04-13-2022, 10:59 AM

27,218 posts, read 43,942,133 times
Quote:
Trying to escape too and will not be bring any liberal politics with me. NJ is red outside big cities, and almost red last gov election. Newarks most affluent area Iron bound has bunch RED voters
Facts are so.....inconvenient.

https://newjerseyglobe.com/campaigns...stration-edge/

Old 04-14-2022, 08:34 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,247,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
Nobody cares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville