Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2022, 08:42 AM

227 posts, read 243,941 times

Advertisements

I plan on moving to Jacksonville in a couple months. I work remote, so I don’t have to worry about a commute. I’m a SWF, 33yo, and would love to know what parts of the city are safe to rent an apartment. I’ll be visiting the area in a couple weeks for the first time and plan on looking at apartment complexes then. Can anyone recommend a safe area for me to consider living? It’s important to be near shopping, restaurants, nightlife, etc. If I can be near the water, that’s a huge plus, but it’s not a necessity. I’d like to keep rent under $1600/month. I’d love to rent a 2BR, but will rent a 1BR if I have to. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2022, 08:30 PM

655 posts, read 850,778 times
Gate Parkway, St Johns Town Center, Bartram, Nocatee. Some might be at or above the price range. Town Center would have the best walkability.

Old 04-11-2022, 10:40 AM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
For 10 1/2 years, we lived in an apartment complex, off of Belle Rive, just north of The Avenues Mall. Don't know how the complex is now, since we've been living back in Colorado for the last 2 1/2 years.

But, there is one thing for sure, Seniors, as in Senior Citizens, want to live someplace safe also.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:54 AM

9,271 posts, read 8,167,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
For 10 1/2 years, we lived in an apartment complex, off of Belle Rive, just north of The Avenues Mall. Don't know how the complex is now, since we've been living back in Colorado for the last 2 1/2 years.

But, there is one thing for sure, Seniors, as in Senior Citizens, want to live someplace safe also.
Boy this sounds AWFULLY familiar.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:07 PM

2,414 posts, read 4,211,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernweh View Post
I plan on moving to Jacksonville in a couple months. I work remote, so I don’t have to worry about a commute. I’m a SWF, 33yo, and would love to know what parts of the city are safe to rent an apartment. I’ll be visiting the area in a couple weeks for the first time and plan on looking at apartment complexes then. Can anyone recommend a safe area for me to consider living? It’s important to be near shopping, restaurants, nightlife, etc. If I can be near the water, that’s a huge plus, but it’s not a necessity. I’d like to keep rent under $1600/month. I’d love to rent a 2BR, but will rent a 1BR if I have to. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
Not to be a buzzkill, but at that budget, you're probably going to have to adjust your expectations down slightly. You won't find anywhere near the beach in that price range, unless you're willing to split the rent on a 2 bdrm with a roommate.

You might try Banyan Bay apartments off of San Pablo Road and Beach Blvd. That would put you 10 minutes from the beaches. It's a very nice complex I used to live in, but I can't remember the rent I paid, as it was some years ago.

Old 04-11-2022, 12:53 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,123,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Boy this sounds AWFULLY familiar.
I didn't know you can change your handle on CD. Guess it's something new. You've quoted that guy tons of times in the past because we all know you guys get along really well and his handle has definitely changed.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Putski View Post
I didn't know you can change your handle on CD. Guess it's something new. You've quoted that guy tons of times in the past because we all know you guys get along really well and his handle has definitely changed.
Yep. I also didn't know you could change your username here. But there are just certain posters that could change their username a dozen times and you'd STILL know who they were, lol.

Old 04-11-2022, 02:25 PM

8,882 posts, read 20,249,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Yep. I also didn't know you could change your username here. But there are just certain posters that could change their username a dozen times and you'd STILL know who they were, lol.
Yes, it is us and yes, we changed our username. Loveboating just doesn't go with us anymore, being that, most likely, will sell our boat after this summer.

Actually, after Loveboating, we changed it to LoveRodeo, but that didn't completely fit us either. We do love rodeo and boating, but LoveRodeo username could be for much younger couple than we are. So, BabyBoomers2, is more appropriate, being that we were born in 1948 and 1949 (aka Early Baby Boomers).

But, I did answer the OP's question.

Old 04-11-2022, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBoomers2 View Post
Yes, it is us and yes, we changed our username. Loveboating just doesn't go with us anymore, being that, most likely, will sell our boat after this summer.

Actually, after Loveboating, we changed it to LoveRodeo, but that didn't completely fit us either. We do love rodeo and boating, but LoveRodeo username could be for much younger couple than we are. So, BabyBoomers2, is more appropriate, being that we were born in 1948 and 1949 (aka Early Baby Boomers).

But, I did answer the OP's question.
Why not "LoveColorado?"

Old 04-11-2022, 06:47 PM

655 posts, read 850,778 times
I used to live near Asheville. Every time I'm on their local CD forum I tell would be visitors why I moved away and how bad it was there and how much happier I am now. Sure I left in 1985 but it really can't be any different can it? Black Mtn for example had a Ingles and a Presley Shoe store and not much else. I bet it's just like that today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville