Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 09:21 AM

2,624 posts, read 1,217,629 times

Advertisements

Not sure where this strange fixation with Faux News comes from. I don't even watch TV, MUCH LESS TV news.

To be honest, I ONLY get my news from the New York Times. That is the ONLY news source I read and trust.

Old 06-07-2022, 11:08 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida2014 View Post
Yet again you cite a single incident to proclaim that an entire city is "high crime." You talk about facts yet you've presented at total of ZERO thus far.

Here is a sortable list of U.S. cities with a crime rate per 100,000 people from Wikipedia that you can play around with. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o..._by_crime_rate

Here's a quick summary in case you won't understand how to run the tables:

Overall Violent Crime Rates (includes murder, rape, assault, robbery)

New York: 59 out of 100 (below such crime hot spot meccas such as Des Moines, Iowa and St Paul, MN)
Jacksonville: 52 out of 100

Overall Property Crime Rates (includes burglary, larceny/theft, auto theft)

New York: 96 out of 100
Jacksonville: 53 out of 100

So yet again your premise that New York and the Bronx are "high crime" are false compared to other cities in the United States.

Good try though. Lots of bold/CAPITALIZED words didn't help ya though.
Moderator cut: link removed, competitor site
There, now we can quit quibbling over these matters and look at actual facts without everyone's emotions getting the best of them.

Last edited by Yac; 06-07-2022 at 10:13 PM..

Old 06-07-2022, 11:21 AM

2,415 posts, read 4,246,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Not sure where this strange fixation with Faux News comes from. I don't even watch TV, MUCH LESS TV news.

To be honest, I ONLY get my news from the New York Times. That is the ONLY news source I read and trust.
Haven't you heard? Anyone who disagrees with a hard left liberal watches Fox News day and night and keeps a picture of Rush Limbaugh on their nightstand, with a picture of Sean Hannity in their wallet. Oh yeah, and I forgot, they also have a Trump flag mounted to their jacked up GMC pickup truck as well, lol. The more severe TDS cases just can't seem to fathom the concept that there are people out here capable of logical, rational thinking that don't fall into their small minded ideal of a right wing, gun toting, deplorable bible toting conservative. Those are the ones that the media gives the most attention to, in order to keep their base riled up and entranced in their programming, but reality is most don't actually fall into that category.

All the while, liberal policies continue to push more and more Americans deeper into poverty, and now 60% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. The Brandon worshippers will tell you that's a good thing, lol.

Old 06-07-2022, 11:35 AM

9,394 posts, read 8,363,704 times
Don't you have some "I did that!" stickers to put on gas pumps?

Old 06-07-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post
Haven't you heard? Anyone who disagrees with a hard left liberal watches Fox News day and night and keeps a picture of Rush Limbaugh on their nightstand, with a picture of Sean Hannity in their wallet. Oh yeah, and I forgot, they also have a Trump flag mounted to their jacked up GMC pickup truck as well, lol. The more severe TDS cases just can't seem to fathom the concept that there are people out here capable of logical, rational thinking that don't fall into their small minded ideal of a right wing, gun toting, deplorable bible toting conservative. Those are the ones that the media gives the most attention to, in order to keep their base riled up and entranced in their programming, but reality is most don't actually fall into that category.

All the while, liberal policies continue to push more and more Americans deeper into poverty, and now 60% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. The Brandon worshippers will tell you that's a good thing, lol.
As a New York Times reading ATHEIST, I AGREE with you completely.

One thing you left out, however, is ANGRY.

Many of those folks you mentioned are very, very ANGRY all the time.

I wonder why?

Old 06-07-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShakenStirred View Post

There, now we can quit quibbling over these matters and look at actual facts without everyone's emotions getting the best of them.
Someone showing HARD DATA from a reputable source (not wikipedia).

I wonder why nobody is addressing this DATA-DRIVEN rebuttal?

Last edited by Yac; 06-07-2022 at 10:13 PM..

Old 06-09-2022, 05:45 AM

We dunt want none oh yer edumacated New Yorkirs down here! We got GUNS COUNTRY AND GOD and dunt need none mure!

Old 06-09-2022, 06:08 AM

17,307 posts, read 22,046,867 times
Quote:
We dunt want none oh yer edumacated New Yorkirs down here! We got GUNS COUNTRY AND GOD and dunt need none mure!
Have you met most New Yorkers? Educated isn't a word I'd use.

Old 06-09-2022, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Have you met most New Yorkers? Educated isn't a word I'd use.
Hard to meet "most" of a city of 19 million people. But thanks for proving my point yet again.

Old 06-09-2022, 09:25 AM

661 posts, read 867,752 times
Quote:
You sure do love generalizing conservatives but if someone generalizes any other group, oh here comes the heavy defense and data. And you have 'Florida' in your name. Aren't you worried someone will judge you and think you're just one of those DeSantis lovers? MAGA hat wearing redneck? I'm pretty sure 'edumacated' is a shot at black people too. Rednecks never used that word. But as you always say "You do you!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville