Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM

541 posts, read 2,286,100 times

Advertisements

Jimbo13,

You know I know of many outstanding restaurants in Chicago. You are very lucky my friend. You can buy ingredients/eat food from all over the world there. And hey if you just wanna do pizza you gotta love Giordano's stuffed deep dish. One slice fills me up. And you guys have olive bars at Domenicks too! Olive bars baby!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2008, 10:53 AM

459 posts, read 1,417,487 times
but... it's in the 50's here today and i am miles and miles from the ocean. still, it's worth it. i went to a cubs game and sat in the bleachers on monday drinking cold old styles and to me, there is nothing in the entire state of FL that compares to that.

Old 05-28-2008, 11:36 AM

17 posts, read 73,804 times
My favorite casual dining spot on Jax beach is Joe's Crab Shack....and Rita's has the very best Gelatos!

Old 05-28-2008, 02:51 PM

725 posts, read 2,571,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdecapio View Post
I am curious which restaurants are outstanding at the beach? I am still looking for outstanding food anywhere in Jacksonville.
Have you eaten at La Cena's downtown on Laura Street? It sounds like your kind of place. Cozy and good food, wonderful people.
Roy's at the beach is fun.

Old 06-01-2008, 05:22 AM
rtt

302 posts, read 812,772 times
Eleven South, Medure's are both really good restaurants. There's a new fish place on Atlantic that just opened that's also supposed to be very good. Other than that its places like Cruisers, Chili', etc.

Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nw michigan View Post
I lived many years in Jax Beach and sold my beach house just a couple of years ago. There are no golf courses in Jax Beach. The golf courses are to the south at Ponte Vedra. We walk all over Jax Beach. For any serious shopping you have to drive, but there are no serious shopiing places in Jax Beach any way. If you are on the ocean side of 3rd Street you can walk or bike from Atlantic Beach through Neptune Beach, all the way down to the coast guard station on the south end of Jax Beach. When you are ready for a pit stop, The Pavillion goes really well with a Gelati from Rita's! Lots of great places to eat along the way.
The Pavillion??? LOL!!!! When is the last time you were in Jax Beach?? The Pavillion went the way of the Crab Pot Restaurant.

Your post is so inaccurate for what Jax Beach is now it's hilarious!

Old 10-30-2008, 08:14 PM

2,415 posts, read 4,245,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtt View Post
Eleven South, Medure's are both really good restaurants. There's a new fish place on Atlantic that just opened that's also supposed to be very good. Other than that its places like Cruisers, Chili', etc.
The Fish Company is the name of it. It is good, but overpriced. It falls between a Gene's Seafood and a Bonefish Grille in quality, but charges the Bonefish prices. Stick to the basics and you'll get a good meal for the money there.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:05 PM

2 posts, read 4,518 times
For good quality dining in Beaches area, try 11 south, Marker 32, Roys, or even Ruths Cgris in PVB. My fav though is a little hole in the wall on Penman rd called Dwight's Mediterranean Style Bistro.

Old 11-14-2008, 04:08 PM

2 posts, read 4,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crespo36 View Post
My small family and i are moving to Jax. We're very familiar with Avondale/Riverside, San Marco and what they have to offer. We are naturally inclined to live in those areas as where use to being able to walk to places and we enjoy the young professional crowd. It reminds of our home town Portland Oregon. However, I'm working near the beach area and know that the commute can be bad (I'm used to driving 10minutes/3miles to work everyday). Would anyone recommend the beach areas, particularly Jax Beach? Is there anything to do out there, nice boutique restaraunts shops, etc, besides just hanging out and watching waves? Furthermore, are you pretty much married to your car to get around the beach area or is it walkable?
I am partial to Atlantic / Neptune beach myself, and it (and Jax Bch) are very walkable, better yet, bikable! Town center offers quite a nice selection of restauraunts andd bars, ans quite a few boutiques.

I do my grocery shopping on my beach cruiser! And my pizza delivery guy delivers on a trike. =) (Joes Pizza)

Old 11-14-2008, 04:15 PM

286 posts, read 1,231,962 times
Here's my list:

Jax Beach:
Rite Spot
Parson's (can be a hit or miss, but still pretty good)
Dolphin Depot
Tento Churrascha (I know I'm spelling that one wrong!)
Beach Hut (this is a local fav, if you like cornbeef hash, this is the place)
Sun Deli
Paco's
Chicago Pizza
Eddie Bahamas

Neptune / AB:
Tama's Sushi
Mezza Luna
Ragtime
Sliders
The Tree Steakhouse
Hala Cafe
Sticky Fingers

Those are my favs - and I'm sure I'm forgetting a few!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Jacksonville